Notices

extra money or not?

Old 10-04-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

extra money or not?

Tonight i'm at 191 days, and i felt like a little math won't hurt.

After calculating how much money i spent on booze and cigarettes everyday i was a little stunned.

I won't give any numbers, but more than 2/3 from my monthly income...
I allways thought it isn't much for a day, but i didn't took consideration that i was working 20-21 days and i was drinking 30-31 days a month.

I calculated the money i didn't spent on booze during this months. Quite impressive. I gazed at my screen for a second... But WHERE are all that money?!?

My look abstracted settled on my phone. Insignificant, but that is a thing i didn't have when i was drinking, i used an old 10$ piece of c**p.

I got so used to this new way of life that i almost forgot what a completely mess my life was no longer than half a year ago. Financially speaking.

Broke, in debt, in more debt, didn't had a car, living in a s**thole, rushing into my rathole to avoid my landlord, asking my boss for a few dollars in advance so i can pay (insert lie here), lying my parents to get some money from them out of pity, selling my laptop to get a cheaper one and drink the rest, selling my phone to buy a 10$ one and drink the rest, living a full week with the food i eat normally in 2 days, sleeping in the dark and cold because i drank the money for utilities and they cut out power and gases.

I became a monster and i was out of control! I lived a hell just to drink so i can calm my nerves, because of the hell i was living.
I should never forget this!
Old 10-04-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on recognising this !!
Old 10-04-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

It's great you are making changes in your life- and choosing to live rather than suffer the slow death of active alcoholism.

the money side of things is significant- when I stopped drinking I started what has now turning into a collection of quality guitars- they are a constant reminder for me- I now have three bought to celebrate my sobriety date

Keep going it gets better