Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Wow, the "wonderful" types of people who live in apartments.............

Notices

Wow, the "wonderful" types of people who live in apartments.............

Old 10-04-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Wow, the "wonderful" types of people who live in apartments.............

As i mentioned elsewhere, I've been experiencing a rather stiff and unstable right knee lately - it's a feeling of dread, it feels like it wants to pop out at any moment.......... such a nuisance.

Anyways, on Thursday i ordered a pair of tall aluminum crutches off of Amazon......... they were supposed to arrive today (Saturday).

I recently checked the order tracking page and it said "delivered". There is a message off to the side that says "Package was left in or near the front door"........ I immediately went and opened my door to see if anything was outside......... nothing. I checked the door clip off to the left....... no "delivery attempt" notice either, nothing. I put my shoes on and went down to the leasing office asking if they had any packages for Apt XYZ............ they said no. I made my way to the mail-room with all the mail-boxes to see if maybe it was there............. nope. I went home, baffled as to what the hell happened to my package.

I was here on my laptop (headphones were off) all morning well within hearing distance of the door........ no knocks on the door at any time. I also didn't notice anyone coming up to my door. If a delivery happened, i didn't know about it.

So now i am guessing that some passer-byer simply stole it............ which is pretty low if that turns out to be the case. Who steals a pair of cheap $30 crutches?? What a loser. Well, I hope they can find a use for them, they are specifically made for "tall" people lol

I just felt like venting a little, you home-owners consider yourselves lucky you don't have to deal with such garbage and shady people............. i know it's generalizing a lot, but i think it mostly holds true......... a lot of apartment people are not grade A material and it shows. Not all, but a good percentage. Just speaking personally, i've walked past my fair share of other people's packages sitting in front of the door............ and i always kept walking, i minded my own business. If it ain't yours, don't touch it - common courtesy type stuff.

I've noticed most of this type of crap happens in apartments, i remember back in the day around Christmas 2006 i was a teenager and was in the leasing office. An irate man barged in with a internet order printout, he demanded to know where the brand new Xbox 360 that he ordered for his son (lived at the apartments) was, it was a christmas gift. The manager tried to calm him down and told him they didn't have anything at the office. Then he called UPS on the spot and gave them the information, they apparently told him it had been signed and delivered.............. and this guy just went ballistic. I'm guessing his son wasn't the one who signed on the dotted line and that it had been stolen........

But anyways, i just felt like speaking my mind hopefully release a little anger.

Come monday i'll have to call the bank, tell them my story and try to get my money refunded.............. then order the same item AGAIN and endure another 4-5 days of knee pain.......... ugh, so frustrating.

On a side note, i really believe the practice of leaving un-attended items "in front of the door" is the most ******** thing ever, it is much safer to instead just leave the item at a secure place like the office or simply take it back to the truck and leave a "we missed you!" notice.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry dude
Old 10-04-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you sure Amazon just left it at the front door of a building with multiple residents without even attempting to hand it to you? If I'm not home, I get a little sticker left in the lobby telling me the local post office where I can pick up the package and only when I present ID.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife
Are you sure Amazon just left it at the front door of a building with multiple residents without even attempting to hand it to you? If I'm not home, I get a little sticker left in the lobby telling me the local post office where I can pick up the package and only when I present ID.
Nope, they didn't even do that, must be a new driver or something? Usually it's a guy who delivers my stuff, but most of the time he has delivered during the weekdays.......... it's a possibility that it was a new driver who screwed this up.

According to the tracking website it was "left in front of or near the door", there was no "oops! we missed you!" notice left on my door as usually has happened in the past.
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sorry for your problem, but, people who live in houses also have things stolen off their front porches. It isn't just apartment dwellers. There are thieves and azzholes all over.
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grubby View Post
As i mentioned elsewhere, I've been experiencing a rather stiff and unstable right knee lately - it's a feeling of dread, it feels like it wants to pop out at any moment.......... such a nuisance.

Anyways, on Thursday i ordered a pair of tall aluminum crutches off of Amazon......... they were supposed to arrive today (Saturday).

I recently checked the order tracking page and it said "delivered". There is a message off to the side that says "Package was left in or near the front door"........ I immediately went and opened my door to see if anything was outside......... nothing. I checked the door clip off to the left....... no "delivery attempt" notice either, nothing. I put my shoes on and went down to the leasing office asking if they had any packages for Apt XYZ............ they said no. I made my way to the mail-room with all the mail-boxes to see if maybe it was there............. nope. I went home, baffled as to what the hell happened to my package.

I was here on my laptop (headphones were off) all morning well within hearing distance of the door........ no knocks on the door at any time. I also didn't notice anyone coming up to my door. If a delivery happened, i didn't know about it.

So now i am guessing that some passer-byer simply stole it............ which is pretty low if that turns out to be the case. Who steals a pair of cheap $30 crutches?? What a loser. Well, I hope they can find a use for them, they are specifically made for "tall" people lol

I just felt like venting a little, you home-owners consider yourselves lucky you don't have to deal with such garbage and shady people............. i know it's generalizing a lot, but i think it mostly holds true......... a lot of apartment people are not grade A material and it shows. Not all, but a good percentage. Just speaking personally, i've walked past my fair share of other people's packages sitting in front of the door............ and i always kept walking, i minded my own business. If it ain't yours, don't touch it - common courtesy type stuff.

I've noticed most of this type of crap happens in apartments, i remember back in the day around Christmas 2006 i was a teenager and was in the leasing office. An irate man barged in with a internet order printout, he demanded to know where the brand new Xbox 360 that he ordered for his son (lived at the apartments) was, it was a christmas gift. The manager tried to calm him down and told him they didn't have anything at the office. Then he called UPS on the spot and gave them the information, they apparently told him it had been signed and delivered.............. and this guy just went ballistic. I'm guessing his son wasn't the one who signed on the dotted line and that it had been stolen........

But anyways, i just felt like speaking my mind hopefully release a little anger.

Come monday i'll have to call the bank, tell them my story and try to get my money refunded.............. then order the same item AGAIN and endure another 4-5 days of knee pain.......... ugh, so frustrating.

On a side note, i really believe the practice of leaving un-attended items "in front of the door" is the most ******** thing ever, it is much safer to instead just leave the item at a secure place like the office or simply take it back to the truck and leave a "we missed you!" notice.
I had the same problem with a book I ordered from Amazon. I called Amazon customer service and told them I never got the book, it must have been left in the entrance to my apartment building and stolen. Customer service agreed to send me a replacement book, for free. I have no idea why some packages are brought to the mail room in the leasing office and others aren't, I'm sure packages get stolen from my building all the time. I try not to order things online anymore after that.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It sounds like you didn't drink over it! Stuff like that would have me reaching for the glass....
Old 10-04-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Confuzd
I had the same problem with a book I ordered from Amazon. I called Amazon customer service and told them I never got the book, it must have been left in the entrance to my apartment building and stolen. Customer service agreed to send me a replacement book, for free. I have no idea why some packages are brought to the mail room in the leasing office and others aren't, I'm sure packages get stolen from my building all the time. I try not to order things online anymore after that.
That's the rub, the best prices and deals can only be found online for the most part.

Personally i will continue buying stuff online, it's just this latest incident is a big wake-up call and i will be more careful in the future.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlefish
It sounds like you didn't drink over it! Stuff like that would have me reaching for the glass....
Of course not, in fact i haven't had any alcohol in the house at all since February........ so even if i wanted to drink i would need to physically drive down to the liquor store.

To be honest my mind was just racing about the whereabouts of my crutches, but i was more angry than anything else. A few hours later and i'm STILL pondering what happened.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Contact Amazon. They should send out a new package given the circumstances
Old 10-04-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can specify that your deliveries go to the leasing office. I have done that before. That way it is safe. BTW, I live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood and my VERY expensive bike was stolen from my front porch! Happens all over unfortunately.