Notices

GAK!! Day 6 Downer. . .

Old 10-04-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
time to shine again

GAK!! Day 6 Downer. . .

Well, for all the "feeling better" of yesterday, I'm getting slammed with some annoying physical symptoms today: some shakes, nausea, creepy-crawlers on my skin, and my friend, 3 p.m. mood plummet. This is my most vulnerable time of the day -- when I throw myself a pity-party and dart across the street for some wine. I have Dr. Pepper in place, reading the A.A. book and getting ready to do some schoolwork. Just surprised at how fast that nasty voice has popped up; but grateful to you folks to know what it is. This is def. not going to be a cakewalk. :-(
Old 10-04-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Golden... Not fun :-( but it will pass, just keep reminding yourself you will feel 10 times worse than this tomorrow if you have a drink!! That you don't want... Dr Pepper is good that will help with the cravings & also eating something.. Hang in there..
Old 10-04-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Golden, hang in there. It definitely sucks...I've been there (wait...I am there, right this minute!) You can do this.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
time to shine again

Originally Posted by josharon View Post
Hey Golden, hang in there. It definitely sucks...I've been there (wait...I am there, right this minute!) You can do this.
LOL josharon!! that totally cracked me up! Let's hold hands through cyberspace and get through this together.

What are you eating/drinking right now?
Old 10-04-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this
Old 10-04-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Golden, that happened to me too. After a few weeks everything settled down greatly. You won't feel this challenged for long. Once it's over you will heal and be free of the misery. There's so much to look forward to.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Golden, day 4 here and having a bit of a pity party, want to be with my buddies watching the game, I know they are having fun, but no way can I go over there yet! I'll be proud of myself when I look in mirror tomorrow and that is not something I could say for far too long.

I am rooting for you!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
time to shine again

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
Hi Golden, day 4 here and having a bit of a pity party, want to be with my buddies watching the game, I know they are having fun, but no way can I go over there yet! I'll be proud of myself when I look in mirror tomorrow and that is not something I could say for far too long.

I am rooting for you! : :
I'm rooting for you, too!! Wow - four days in -- we never really realize what an acomplishment that is until we do it!

As an expert on throwing pity-parties for myself, I will tell you this is never, EVER a good idea - drunk or sober. Distract and start counting blessings has been the only thing that gets me out of that mental rut -- oh, and getting busy doing something.

For me, tonight - that means settling in with school texts and preparing to write about four papers coming due in the next two weeks. I sure as heck know I won't be able to do that if I'm drunk/hungover!!

Hang in there!! We're all in this together!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
time to shine again

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Golden, that happened to me too. After a few weeks everything settled down greatly. You won't feel this challenged for long. Once it's over you will heal and be free of the misery. There's so much to look forward to.
Hevyn - thank you so much for this inspiration. I'm looking forward to feeling better and better - with more energy and NO hot flashes!! lol.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're right Golden, I managed to snap out of it and am actually having a nice evening. I generally drank early on weekends and my desire for alcohol lessens past three or four in afternoon. Got to figure out my new 'norm', but it won't involve drinking...

Take care....think I'll count my blessings tomorrow to stay busy.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Right next to you with diet Dr Pepper and root beer cravings are strong, but so excited to wake up again tmrw clear headed
Old 10-04-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Golden, you're doing great on Day 6! I know the mood swings are unpredictable, but you're getting through this and as Hevyn said, the healing will begin.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AA member

Congratulations on day 6 golden.

Early sobriety for me was a roller coaster of emotions,I tended to be ecstatic with happiness or depressed,no balance at all.

Stick at it and things will get better,it just takes time.

Every 24hours sober is a miracle for an Alcoholic.

Wishing you well.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
time to shine again

Well - I made it through - yay. Sent my son out for takeout and spent the night either here on SR or doing school work. Only Dr. Pepper and Water. Onward to Day 7!!! Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement! This is the longest I've been out of my "spin-cycle from hell" for years and years. Wow. my poor sons.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Brilliant Golden! It is great to hear you made it through! I hope it's a much easier, and much more enjoyable day for you. Be well.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Golden1987, 6 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. Yea it ain't gonna be a cake walk, however, it'll get better. Please just suffer through the cravings and such, it's all ya can do, rootin for ya. :Egypt:
Old 10-05-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning Golden, my oldest will be leaving the nest next summer and moving to NYC. A goal of mine is to have a long honest talk with him about how alcohol has affected my life. That conversation will come when I can honestly demonstrate a sober lifestyle. I too have guilt for being an alcoholic parent, but I can't change that. I will, however, change the future. I think you and I both can make this an oppurtunity to show a good example of determination to our respective kids. Hang in there...I'm rooting for you.