Notices

What's your plan for today?

Old 10-04-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Early on in recovery I came across a suggestion to keep a planner and plan out your day. In the early weeks, I honestly felt like I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing with my time. Everything just felt so different and most of my old habits no longer applied to my new life. So, each day, I would write in my planner what I was going to do.

I included basic stuff, like breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. Eating regular meals was new to me. I included fun stuff like playing my drums. I included going on a walk each day so I was getting outside and getting some exercise. I included getting on SR because that was my support network. Also chores and work becuase I had to do those things.

It really helped me to develop new, healthy habits. It turns out that this process of writing down what I'm going to do each day was in itself a new, healthy habit. I still do it every day. It helps me to figure out my goals for the day and keep myself on a productive path.

Today, my plan for the day still includes meals and a snack, time in the morning to get on SR, write in my journal and read a bit of recovery literature, and playing my drums. Beyond my habitual stuff, I also plan to clean the inside of my new (to me) car (thanks sobreity, if I weren't clean and sober, the new car would not have happened), do some work in the front yard, and winterize the house.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Been to visit my aunt with my son, then popping in to see a friend shortly, then making little ones tea and getting him to bed. Unfortunately this evening will be spent watching x factor as husband likes it. Now that was always more bearable when I was drinking!
Old 10-04-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

After attending a Lifering meeting, I'm coming home to pick up dog poop. Not sexy, but it beats drinking. Sobriety Rocks!
Old 10-04-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Bit like mavis but i bought a new book D very kindly suggested

The tao pooh and the te of piglet

wont read it untill later...cant wait
Old 10-04-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I forgot to add my oil change to my planner/list on Friday and I forgot it. D'oh.

So now I have a note to take them donuts on Monday and reschedule.

oops. It will bother me until then. :-/
Old 10-04-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bimini, as long as you take them donuts, it will be fine. So don't worry. Donuts heal...

Its still early Saturday morning here, so my day hasn't started yet.

I'll make strong coffee & sit on the porch with it, clean the kitchen, do yoga, then later today there's a big sober event/party - a wild game feast (a potluck of everyone's hunted game), then a bonfire & AA meeting around the fire. I'm looking forward to today.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Writing a list for the day is a neat idea DG. I remember you mentioning it a long time ago but I didn't get around to trying. Maybe I will. I bet my bf could get some use out of it as he tends to forget about chores completely.
Today I woke up and got to work on my woodworking project. After one final trip to the hardware store, I came home and wrapped up a project that has taken several weeks. I'm so pleased it turned out great. In between happy moments, I've been craving cigarettes and feeling tired and bummed out. Trying to keep the mind moving along but is hard. I'll have a bit of a nap and then plan next woodworking project.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My ex would 'forget' chores entirely too. He said there should be a list, so I put a list up, but he conveniently 'forgot' about the list too.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

'xactly.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today I will prep a load of fruit to go in the blender and then there is a door that needs fixing, a gate that needs fixing and a few other house chores , other than that im taking it eaaaaaaaaaasy and SOBER
Old 10-05-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Got loads to do today as going on short break tomorrow and haven't started any packing yet, also got loads of washing to do. Feeling slightly stressed and my son is throwing stuff all over lol.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Magsie

Not a lot, today, a few household chores then maybe a walk in twigmoor woods for a couple of hours, looks like it may be a nice day in UK.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Not a lot, today, a few household chores then maybe a walk in twigmoor woods for a couple of hours, looks like it may be a nice day in UK.
Its beautiful and fresh here in Wales
Old 10-05-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Magsie

We have welsh connections at work, Chilledice, and I've heard about the beautiful small waterfalls you can walk behind, one of my bucket list, lol.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
We have welsh connections at work, Chilledice, and I've heard about the beautiful small waterfalls you can walk behind, one of my bucket list, lol.

The sheep are a nightmare here tho LOL
Old 10-05-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aaww bless em.lol.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hmmm... never heard of these small waterfalls, but they sound really nice!

Today's plan is to finish up with the chores that I didn't get to yesterday. I always have too many things on my list to get done. But I figure as long as I have a full, productive day I'm fine with having stuf that doesn't get crossed off the list.

And on the plus side, I did spend a little time yesterday cleaning up my garage- something that wasn't on the list but that needed done.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Originally Posted by Resolv View Post
After attending a Lifering meeting, I'm coming home to pick up dog poop. Not sexy, but it beats drinking. Sobriety Rocks!
Sweet! :-)
Old 10-05-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Gonna fix one of my lawn mowers.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Today for me will be a trip to the gym for a spin class, household errands to get done (but nothing big), a bit of tv and my first hockey game of the season tonight. Skates are sharpened and equipment is checked and ready. Can you believe I used to regularly play after a bottle or more of wine? Oh yes, you can all believe that. I guess I'll see how much better I can play while sober.