Notices

Day 2 and feel hungover!!??

Old 10-03-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 and feel hungover!!??

I've had this before when stopping drinking, has anyone else? Wake up feeling like you've been drinking even though you haven't. Really annoying! I was at a friends last night and despite there being half a bottle of wine available I stuck to alcohol free drinks all night, watched two films and can remember them!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MavisTheFairy13 View Post
I've had this before when stopping drinking, has anyone else? Wake up feeling like you've been drinking even though you haven't. Really annoying! I was at a friends last night and despite there being half a bottle of wine available I stuck to alcohol free drinks all night, watched two films and can remember them!
Hello, yes I feel the same some mornings, this morning being one of them. I am now on day 3 today and just woke up feeling a bit ugh! I think it is to do with sleep and tiredness, which is a contributory factor to the feelings of a hangover.

Well done on day 2!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Last time I quit I was driving home from a friend's house at day 5 and felt like I was drunk. I almost forgot where I was for a minute. Pretty weird. Congrats on not touching the wine.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Mavis... Yeah, have had that a few times!! Even had dreams where I was drinking & woke up with a hangover & that awful taste in my mouth!! It dispersed after a couple of hours but it is not nice & will pass..
Old 10-04-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! It really is strange isn't it, wonder if it's psychological?
Old 10-04-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I haven't experienced this, but I just wanted to say good job Mavis! You're back on track!
Old 10-04-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had the exact same thing on my second day! Woke up sure I was hungover and then remembered I hadn't drank. Maybe we were though.... maybe it was still coming out of our systems. I've had hangovers before that lasted more than one day. I did so many drugs one weekend years ago that I felt like **** for a week after. It does get better though... I'm 6 days in and I feel really good. Hang in there.