Notices

It is Friday

Old 10-03-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It is Friday

Last week seemed so easy,maybe because I was new. Sunday to Thursday we're fine with very little temptation, even on Friday I was okay until I got home, then I blew it, Friday, which led to Sat. And Sun. This week has been different, each day I heard the little voice that said to have a glass, thanks to everyone here I was able to avoid it.
Lullapluza wrote Monday morning after I wrote how crappy I felt that I should remember the feeling and I did, although with most painful things you tend to block them out the farther you get from them, also I read somewhere here that...1 glass is too much and 6 is not enough and have kept that in my mind the entire week and it sums up my reality. So it is Friday again and I think I am a little more prepared, I've got a full weekend planned so hopefully on Monday I'll be on day 8 with one full weekend behind me. Wish me luck, have a good weekend all.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do this, SR is always here too if you need some support!!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Keeping busy is a great plan, glad to hear you are thinking ahead. You can always log on here if you need backup too, I pretty much lived here for several weeks during the initial stages. Be strong and have a good weekend.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with spending time here. I think I spent probably four or five hours a day on here at first. There is a lot to read here that is of help and it kept me out of trouble. There is always someone with whom to talk.

I watched a lot of Netflix too. I slept, I went to AA meetings for three months, I window-shopped, I walked every day, I ate ice cream. All of those things helped me. I've cut back on all those things now and stay busy other ways.

We're here
Old 10-03-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Magellan, you've gotten some great advice. Like others, I've spent a LOT of time here during my first couple of weeks of not drinking. It has helped me so much, especially because it's so convenient! Have a great, sober weekend. I'm looking forward to your "Day 8" post on Monday.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great advice here Magellan
Don't forget the weekender thread either
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-3-5-a-6.html

D