Notices

The difference between **% and 100%

Old 10-02-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The difference between **% and 100%

Difference between **(Ninety-Nine)% and 100%.
---
There is a self-help book called Success Principles by Jack Canfield. One of the chapters reminded me of the importance of going “all in” with abstaining from alcohol so I posted some of the passage below:

“In life the spoils of victory go to those who make a 100% commitment to the outcome, to those who have a ‘no matter what it takes’ attitude. They give it their all; they put everything they have into getting their desired result – whether it be an Olympic gold medal, the top sales award, a perfect dinner party, an A in microbiology, or their dream house. What a simple concept this is – yet you’d be surprised how many people wake up every day and fight with themselves over whether or not to keep their commitments, stick to their disciplines, or carry out their action plans. Successful people adhere to the “no exceptions rule” when it comes to their disciplines. Once you make a 100% commitment to something there are no exceptions. It’s a done deal. Nonnegotiable. Case closed! Over and out…the die has been cast. All the bridges burned. It makes life easier and simpler…and frees up tons of energy that would otherwise be spent internally debating the topic over and over…you just do it.”
Old 10-02-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That reminds me of - I think it was - Stephen Covey. One of his principles is - accept 100% responsibility, because that means you have 100% power to change it.

Thank you for the reading - I like Jack Canfield. Do you know his life story? If I recall correctly, I think I remember Tony Robbins using him as an example in one of his talks as a role model for forging ahead in life regardless the odds. Blurry memories though, lol. I'll have to do some research.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cool quote NYC

In a similar vain

"How do you know you are actually willing to do something / anything ? ..... Do it"
Old 10-02-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I like it NYC