Notices

Feel like crying. And drinking.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel like crying. And drinking.

Had to cancel a short break in september due to a foot injury. This was paid for by my husbands parents as we could not afford it ourselves. Had taken out insurance so claimed on that and rebooked the holiday for this month, having to pay again and using all our spare money.

Just came home from taking a friend to supermarket to find letter from travel insurance stating they cannot process the claim as the medical certificate I sent in which was completed and signed by my doctor didn't state the date it was deemed necessary to cancel the holiday. Just checked my copy (luckily I photocopy everything) and on that question he's put unable to comment!? Wtf?

So now I have to go to doctors tomorrow to see if he can give me something in writing with the date I saw him and got it diagnosed (I couldn't walk on it at all and am still hobbling now). It cost me £30 to get the original form done by him!

Why is nothing straight forward? I know it's not the end of the world but we can't afford to lose this money. I've had this foot injury for 5 weeks, and a chest infection for 3.5 weeks, I'm so tired of feeling ill and my depression is getting worse, just feels like everything is such a bloody struggle. I could just burst into tears and im really craving a drink right now
Old 10-02-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh no you don't...

You have your health to worry about. Alcohol will not improve your foot or your chest. And it certainly will not assist your path to get the doctor to update the information on the insurance claims. Plus, if you start drinking now, you will spend much more then 30 pounds on alcohol, even if it is not in one day.. You can not afford it for your health, your wallet or your plight. It will only set you back on your goals. Put everything down and go for a walk. go get a coffee, call a friend. anything but pour a drink. YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Sorry you are feeling so sad and frustrated.

Originally Posted by MavisTheFairy13 View Post
I could just burst into tears and im really craving a drink right now
It's a cliche, but it bears repeating. How would drinking make your situation any better? It won't.

Go ahead and cry. Then work on straightening out this travel thing...sober. You can do this.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry this is getting you down.

The thing is, getting used to dealing with life's problems without alcohol is hard, very hard. It's a learning process, and each time you get through an incident, you will be that much stronger for next time.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mavis, you can do this. It will always be something. And really, when have we needed a reason to drink anyway? This would only be an excuse to drink, which you definitely don't need. Hang in there and stay strong, friend. We are here for you.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"Sometimes it's not the mountains ahead that wear us, it's the grain of sand in our shoes".

These daily events will be with us always; we just do our best - deal with them, set them aside for later, or forget about them.

Don't lose sight of the goal; sobriety is worth it. YOU are worth it.

Hope things work out and you can go on your vacation.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Mavis Anna said it best
Old 10-02-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yup, it sucks. But these are things that we need to face sober. Drinking will only make it much much worse. Plus, you're broke right? So, you have no money to blow on booze.

I just spent $2400 on body work last Saturday for the car I ruined in May. My BF wrote the car off on Tuesday on his way to work. He's ok, thank god.
but really? I JUST SPENT $2400 ON MY CREDIT CARD (I don't have $$$ like that laying around) to fix my mistake and 3 days later, the car is garbage.

talk about suck. I'm gonna be paying that off for 8months for no reason at all.
I'm not drinking over it. Why? So I can really wallow in it and feel even worse? no thanks.
Grab a tea, go for a walk...release the frustration out in a healthy way.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

also - the day before I found out I received a joke of a raise (I've been here 16months now) after fighting for it for a month. I was insulted.
AND the same day my BF smashed his car - 3 hours later we found out his 39yr old brother has a rare, aggressive cancer.

So, ask me how this week is going?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"Why is nothing straight forward"

Because, LIFE.

Proceed with the crying. Skip the drinking.

Just like good things, positive moods, exciting times, sunny days, and rainstorms; challenging times also pass.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

yes, cry.
I wish I could. I feel like I'm tapped out though. Cry for me too please
Old 10-02-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Alcohol has been my "go to" buddy when things go wrong. But he never fixed anything, just commiserated with me is all. He is useless.

Be your own best friend. Kick booze to the curb!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well I hobbled down to the doctors and spoke to receptionist who will pass it onto office manager in the morning. Just got a feeling this isn't going to get sorted and we will lose the money.

On way out of doctors two people were coming in as I was going out so I waited and let them come in first, they let the door shut behind them despite me standing there waiting for them with a child in a special needs buggy. They couldn't even hold the door for me. That really p*ssed me off. Had to really hold back the tears all the way home.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

let them out. you don't have to hold them in
Old 10-02-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
learning to live

Mavis - don't drink it will just make it all harder to deal with.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MavisTheFairy13 View Post
Had to cancel a short break in september due to a foot injury. This was paid for by my husbands parents as we could not afford it ourselves. Had taken out insurance so claimed on that and rebooked the holiday for this month, having to pay again and using all our spare money.

Just came home from taking a friend to supermarket to find letter from travel insurance stating they cannot process the claim as the medical certificate I sent in which was completed and signed by my doctor didn't state the date it was deemed necessary to cancel the holiday. Just checked my copy (luckily I photocopy everything) and on that question he's put unable to comment!? Wtf?

So now I have to go to doctors tomorrow to see if he can give me something in writing with the date I saw him and got it diagnosed (I couldn't walk on it at all and am still hobbling now). It cost me £30 to get the original form done by him!

Why is nothing straight forward? I know it's not the end of the world but we can't afford to lose this money. I've had this foot injury for 5 weeks, and a chest infection for 3.5 weeks, I'm so tired of feeling ill and my depression is getting worse, just feels like everything is such a bloody struggle. I could just burst into tears and im really craving a drink right now
Don't do it! You will feel like I did this morning if you do!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The challenge is finding a way to push through the cravings. My sucky day was yesterday and I wanted to drink but I didn't. I can only hope today is a little better.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Mavis,

Go ahead and cry. I've been doing a lot of that this past week, and realizing that I was cramming my emotions down with alcohol. Now that we're not doing that, I think it's normal to be more emotional. Have a good cry, take a deep breath, and take it one step at a time. But drinking will only make it worse. Big hugs!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

booze + injury = more injury.