Notices

Sadness

Old 10-01-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sadness

Hi there,

I've been sober for three and half months. Today I'm just feeling overwhelmingly sad. I almost burst into tears in the supermarket. I'm not resentful or regretful. I guess there's just so many opportunities I've missed.

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this. I suppose it's better than totally keeping it in. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had many such moments. I think after not feeling anything for so long it took a while to find my new emotional water level.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day Andy

D
Old 10-01-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are so used to covering everything up, aren't we? I'm glad you shared, Andy.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sure not all of them are missed forever, Andy. They were experiences that you carry within yourself and can use as inspiration to create opportunities in the future.

Hope you feel better tomorrow
Old 10-01-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So weird! I'm feeling really down in the dumps & martyr-ish today. There's also a thread about the monotonous grind of daily life & what's it all about. I get that too. I believe it's like Dee & Inch said. We're so used to covering up & numbing out that these regular old feelings of life feel foreign & uncomfortable. I'm trying to just sit with it & soak up the ESH this site & my friends here have to offer. I'm also trusting what Dee said - it will all level out. Let's just ride it out & see what's on the other side for once. Whaddaya say?

You did the right thing by posting about it. It's helping others like me. If nothing else it showed me once again I'm never alone. Thanks so much for not only that, but for being here on this journey with me.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you. I'm still blue as a blue thing and can't seem to shake it off. I know I'll get to a point where I can see this as part of a bigger process. I suspect sadness is actually an opportunity in itself. Maybe crying in the supermarket is ok. Thank you for being there :=]
Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having a bad day. Just remember that it's only one day and you won't always feel like this. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Keep posting
Old 10-01-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

That's the great thing about SR we are never alone. I'm not sure Dee ever sleeps but if you do catch him napping there'll be some one else to talk to. Spring must be springing in NZ, do you have Daffodils? What is the NZ spring flower?
Old 10-02-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So weird! I'm feeling really down in the dumps & martyr-ish today. There's also a thread about the monotonous grind of daily life & what's it all about. I get that too. I believe it's like Dee & Inch said. We're so used to covering up & numbing out that these regular old feelings of life feel foreign & uncomfortable. I'm trying to just sit with it & soak up the ESH this site & my friends here have to offer. I'm also trusting what Dee said - it will all level out. Let's just ride it out & see what's on the other side for once. Whaddaya say?

You did the right thing by posting about it. It's helping others like me. If nothing else it showed me once again I'm never alone. Thanks so much for not only that, but for being here on this journey with me.

Thanks hearts ... loved your post ... am going through ALL these feelings myself and Im only day 16 ... and sadness is just so ...well 'sad' .....

So glad you did post post Andy so you know you are not alone... (Also I am looking forward to a quick trip to the South Island of NZ myself in January
Old 10-02-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by andyroo72 View Post
Hi there,

I've been sober for three and half months. Today I'm just feeling overwhelmingly sad. I almost burst into tears in the supermarket. I'm not resentful or regretful. I guess there's just so many opportunities I've missed.

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this. I suppose it's better than totally keeping it in. Thanks for listening.
I've been sober 98 days probably cried 90 days of that! After years of hiding and running away from emotions they came back with a big fat vengence.

Crying isnt a bad thing, crying and talking about things lets you let go of the past and makes space for new (and better) memories.

Hope today is a better day Andyroo 72

L x
Old 10-02-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is a very normal and very common part of the recovery journey! I think it is a wonderful sign that you are able now to feel the feelings and stay in the moment rather than trying to cover it up with old habits. I hope posting here let you know that you are not alone!
Old 10-02-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

red
Old 10-02-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have days like this too. If nothing else, you know you are not the only one.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have burst into tears in the produce section of the supermarket before. That was surprising as it's usually in the meat section.

Just kidding... I really have cried in odd places. Emotions have to be expressed sometimes and there is no shame in that!
Old 10-02-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you guys so much. I've had a good nights sleep, it's raining cats and dogs (and monkeys) but I feel solider. Still sad, but it's progressing.

Treerat66: Yes we have daffodils :=] I really like the little jonquils, they're so cute. The seasons here have been a bit messed up and the arum lilies are coming out, ya know, the big blousy white ones. Not supposed to happen till November, but they make me smile :=]

Julie59: Exciting that you'll be coming here :=] I'm from the south, but live in the North Island. The South Island is really home though, it's the rock I was born on but I think it's a pretty special place. I really hope you think so to.

Last edited by andyroo72; 10-02-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Can't spell lillies :=]