Notices

Day 6 agitated

Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 agitated

Hi all

Nearly through day 6 since last binge, feeling fine physically other than minor eye infection but also on Day two of smoke free as entered stoptober

But my blooming e fag nicotine has run out and I cant replace it till tomorrow so my anxiety has sky rocketed which seems blooming stupid

Saw doctor yesterday and he is concerned im.having no mental health support like a cpn so has referred me to one and also referred me to a bpd support group which is great

Its also the night of the AA meeting and I'm debating whether to go, I'm already stressed and need a smoke and voice saying your doing fine you don't want to go

Previous experience of AA has been bad I find them morbid ....

I'm in a funny mood if I'm honest

Charlotte xx
Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Charlotte!! Day 6 is fantastic!!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not much further ahead of you, but you can do it. I just know how I feel better in the mornings, its easier to wake up, and I feel better at night when I go home. I feel better I am starting to take a more active role in my kids' lives- starting but not quite where I want to be- and I am enjoying it. I remember I use to be itchy to get home from work to crack one open and start to numb my feelings away. But I realized I was also numbing the good feelings along with the bad, so that is pretty counterproductive especially when I thought I was drinking to relieve those bad feelings.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Stay strong Charlotte, sounds like you got some good advice from your doc, make sure to follow through on it.

Regarding the meeting, i'd strongly suggest you go. It's usually just when you think you don't need it that you REALLY need it. Throw your previous experiences and pre-concieved notions out the window. In reality all you are doing is going to spend an hour with a group of people who have exactly the same problem as you, and are seeking the exact same solution.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You. Can do it Charlotte!