Notices

Day5

Old 10-01-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day5

Finally sleeping well, cold sweats are few and far between and the shakes are very mild. Thats about the only positive thing I have going. This is usually about as far as I get. Im keeping myself locked away, but I have way way too much time on my hands. Ive been drinking so long I have no real hobbies anymore. And I just got a voice mail from a debt collections company which has thrown my anxiety through the roof. Im out of cigarettes and only have an electronic cig that just isnt cutting it. I want to start applying for jobs again, but the idea of interviewing with this much anxiety is nearly out of the question. But I have to get working again to get these medical bills paid off. Every other time ive tried to quit, this would have been the the tipping point. Not this time. Its gonna be a long day none the less. Hope everyone else is doing better.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done on5 days.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done I swear by the e cig mine ran out today bloody thing keep at them, they do work, drinking does take alot of time up so maybe read ? Exercise ? Talk to friends ? Shop? Play a computer game , apply for jobs anything to occupy your mind, boredom is dangerous and can lead to a relapse as it has done that to myself

Being in debt is very stressful and worrying have you tried getting help ?

Glad your on here though chatting about how you feel well done

Charlotte xx
Old 10-01-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on yay five Nuffs! I too have enormous debt looming and it gives me great anxiety but try not to let it haunt you. Focus on your sobriety. Yesterday was day five for me and I was dealing with my bills and I almost caved but I thought"will drinking make it any better?" Maybe for one moment, but the next day would be horrible. So, after about ten minutes, the urge passed and I made it through. Day by day, hour by hour, we can do this. Stay strong my friend.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! Day 5 is fantastic!!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also swear by the e-cigarette! I feel so much better not sucking back a a pack of cigarettes every day. Congrats on staying sober for 5 days, I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Try not to get overwhelmed, I know it's easier said than done.