Notices

Attempted Murder

Old 09-30-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Attempted Murder

Today I was working a trial. The charge was attempted murder. The lady was 9 months pregnant. I'm not going to give details but pretty much started day great, then he got drunk... The argument started over a TV show. It just reiterated how horrible alcohol can be for some of us. It's like it turns us into other people or just into the worst versions of ourselves. It made me really sad to see what had happen to this family. Such a traumatic experience (guns involved)...

I never did something as egregious but it did turn me into a monster sometimes. I am never going to be like that again. What a relief.

I messed up and posted this by accident in someone else's thread... Hope I don't scare anyone
Old 09-30-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure if you are supposed to be discussing this just yet. Are you on the jury ?

MM
Old 09-30-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Not sure if you are supposed to be discussing this just yet. Are you on the jury ?

MM
If that's the case, you could flag you own post NTT.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No. Not in the jury. I work there... I know the rules... Notice no names, info or details?
Old 09-30-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The most bone chilling story I ever heard anyone one tell had to was from a woman a few years back, who was speaking at a friend's anniversary.

She said she was drinking with her husband one night while cooking dinner. Went into a blackout. They got into an argument, and all she really remembered was coming out of the black out with him looking at her asking, "Why did you do that?!?" She said he asked quietly, kinda baffled. She looked at him, he had blood coming out of his chest, and she had a kitchen knife in her hand. An ambulance was called, they arrested her, and a couple of hours later told her he had died. She said she loved him, they were just having a fight. She had just gotten released from prison shortly before speaking at this meeting. I think she did 12 years if I remember correctly.

That scared the crap out of me. I wasn't really a blackout drinker, but had my share of them. Every time I blacked out I did unbelievable (to me) things that were completely uncharacteristic of me. A literal Jeckle and Hyde. I could easily see myself winding up in prison and not even knowing why.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Could fall under the not yet category.
It's something that I have not done yet.
Add booze and anything is possible.

I'm writing to two that are in prison.
These two were sober at one time.
Went back out and the yets caught up with them.

MM
Old 09-30-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's so scary because my last blackouts were bad. (All were bad but the latter were very scary.) I also got violent sometimes. I don't know if I would or could do something like that but who knows, I wouldn't remember anything I did. I'm just glad I have some time under my belt and I'm mending relationships.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Blackouts are so scary. When I spent the night in jail when I got my DWI, we were all paraded before a judge early the next morning. They went through each case and the guy right before me was about 21 or 22 years old. He didn't remember anything or know why he was there. They told him he had hit a car head-on and killed two little kids returning home with their parents from a family reunion.

I busted out crying right then and there. Unfortunately, it didn't stop me from drinking, but it sure did stop me from driving after drinking.

There are more than a few people serving time in prison who don't remember doing what put them there.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

77uiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Old 09-30-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

WTH is that??
Old 09-30-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

darn it. THESE stories are really scary. THE worst part is, is there for the grace of god, go I. or, IT could've been me, very easily. just wow.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by ESD907 View Post
darn it. THESE stories are really scary. THE worst part is, is there for the grace of god, go I. or, IT could've been me, very easily. just wow.
Exactly! That's why I busted out crying. I had ran into the back of a parked Jeep and it could just as easily have been a car full of people. Scary, scary stuff.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Back in my wretched days I ended up in jail. While in there the Sheriff's were being very kind through the bars with a very young man. I heard the Sheriff's tell him that someone had died. The young man broke down crying. I didn't want to ask of him what happened. By his condition I could tell that drinking had something to do with it.

One only needs to be in jail a short time to witness things such as this.

MM
Old 09-30-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I had an experience like Suki. I wasn't quite ready to stop drinking, but it was a stepping stone. I thank God every day that I'm not dead or in jail for life. What a fool I was.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
pray for strength

When I was 17, and riding my bike on a bicycle trip, I saw a man die. I was the last person on earth his eyes ever saw before he crashed and closed them forever.

It was supposed to be me who died or at least me along with him. His car was heading straight for me until the last millisecond before death...what replays as an eternity. He turned his head and our eyes locked just before he hyper-corrected his course and crashed into a Mack truck instead.

Words cannot describe. Afterwards, the police told me he was a father of 2, husband, son. There was a recurring figure in my dream every night for years after that - and periodically until this day. I was told that our souls are forever connected. I believe it.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
WTH is that??
The boogeyman or a pocket dial?

Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow! Sobering stories indeed. Scary thing is, I have started arguments fights and picked up sharp objects to my partner whilst drunk! I even started a fight at a very popular heavy metal festival 2 years ago where I then started fighting with my brother in law!

I have threatened people, fought with my dad and nearly got us arrested as we were fighting in the street!

For years ( and they probably still are now!), friends and family worry when I drink that I will explode and start being nasty. So embarrassing ! I am just like how my dad can be. He was violent after drinking all through my childhood, so I guess you could say some of my issue is learnt behaviour !

I am so greatful for this thread as up until now, I have just focused on how my drinking affects me and not those around me! How selfish! I bet there were times on my recent holiday where my beautiful partner was worried about if I were to kick off with our friends! Truly slobbering in its self!

Thanks all!
Old 10-01-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just goes to show ONE moment of drunken madness can lead to a lifetime of regret, shame and punishment!

Evil stuff the sauce is!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sorry about the post. My 3 yr. old...well....is a 3 yr. old.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My X husband went into a blackout and when he did broke into someone's house, trashed it, jumped out the window and was picked up limping and bleeding down the road. Cost our marriage and about $25k. He woke up the next day in jail, had no idea what he was there for and still does not remember to this day.

This was completely out of character for him, had I not seen his hat and a few other of his belongings there I would not have even believed he did it.

Please reach to sobriety.