the silent treatment

Old 09-30-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry the silent treatment

Im sure alot of us on here have had experience with the silent treatment. It is still shocking to me when I think back to him doing that to me and it makes me sick that I allowed it and fell for it. It had started snowing really bad and within an hour the roads were horrible ice with inches of snow on top . He was at home I was at wk his mom and I actualy wk at the same hospital and our department was closed and it was up to us to stay or try to make it home and we decided to try. we made it a little more than half way when we had to pull over cars were sliding trying to get up a hill it was like watching bumper cars so we began walking after we walked up the hill a lady in a 4 wheele drive offered us a ride my mother in law lives about a mile down the rode from my parents and my mom had my oldest daughter at her house my youngest 9 at that time had been able to ride the school bus home and was with husband. This lady dropped my mother in law off at her house and I had her drop me at parents house since one of my girls was there and it would have been to dangerous to try and make it any further to my house due to roads beeing so slippery with the ice. Husband offered to have a friend with 4 whele drive come get us but we were so tired and it had taken me 5 hours to get hm usualy takes 30 minutes,and my parents seemed so happy we were there I told him we were just gonna stay and get hm in the morning instead of taking the chance of anyone getting hurt at least we were warm and safe.The next day roads were little better and my brother drove us home,I wanted to surprise them my daughter came running to hug me and was so excited about playing in the snow because he had not even taken her outside to build a little snowman or ANYTHING then he walked by said hello to oldest daughter and completly ignored me this went on for hours, didnt even care about my 5hr drive home from wk previous day it was the first time I had ever driven in weather like that wasnt able to just be happy everyone was safe. He was punishing me for not comming home ! according to him I deserved it because I hurt HIS feelings by staying at parents house! never mind the fact that If I had tried to get back out in the snow and come home I would have had one of our kids with me and I choose what I felt was best for keeping our daughter safe and warm. I took both my girls out in the snow to play and we built a huge snowman and we did it by ourselves, he Never came out of the house and all together it snower about 4 times last yr and not once did he play with kids or even go outside I recorded him snoring on the couch with my camera in betweeb recording the kids playing on the back porch
Old 09-30-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Hi, Unease...

It's not clear from your post, but does your husband have addiction issues?
Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Hi, Unease...

It's not clear from your post, but does your husband have addiction issues?
Does it matter? IMO, the silent treatment is childish behavior whether drugs/alcohol are involved or not, and is part of that praise/punish cycle of equal adults which I find to be really icky.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
Does it matter? IMO, the silent treatment is childish behavior whether drugs/alcohol are involved or not, and is part of that praise/punish cycle of equal adults which I find to be really icky.
It matters only in terms of where she's posting. If her husband doesn't have any addiction issues, she may be better served posting this over at mental health.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a very selfish and narcissist person.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It is a selfish and abusive way to treat anyone. I would completely ignore him...if he gets no reaction then his ploy didn't work...of course if he might become violent then it goes much farther than that.

It's up to you how to handle it but you do deserve better treatment than that. A caring man would be glad you were safe.

Hugs