Courage To Change 9.30.14

Old 09-30-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Carlotta was posting the daily Courage to Change everyday and although she stopped doing it, I found it really helpful for me and so I'm posting today's entry.

Just for today I can try out new behavior. I can take the point of view that perhaps I have been given a lifetime to learn something about myself. Maybe life is a series of experiments in which some succeed and some fail - and in which the failures, as well as the successes, point the way to fresh experiments.

Just for today I might try slightly changing some pattern of behavior that repeatedly causes me problems, just to see what happens. For example, if I have a habit of responding with a negative attitude to a particular person or situation - getting out of bed, working, requests for help, authority figures - I can try a different, more positive response. I can think of it as research and learn from whatever happens.

This day is all I have to work with. The past is over, and tomorrow is out of my reach. I will try to remember what a great gift this day can be and make full use of it.

Today's Reminder

Just for today I will look for ways to enjoy life - stop by a garden, try a new hobby, or call a good friend. I can look for humor. I can savor love. I can explore something new. Maybe just for today, I'll try standing on my head to see if I like the view.

"Just for today I will find a little time to relax and to realize what life is and can be; time to think about a higher power and get a better perspective on myself."

Quoted from Alcoholism, the Family Disease
Old 09-30-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this. I was just getting ready to open my C2C book, too, LOL! I love this entry, too, and I plan on marking it for future reflection. I recently have changed a behavior that had me stuck in some of codependency. And, I mean literally just changed it this week: wrote about it, asked God to help me stop doing what I was doing, communicating with my sponsor about it, being honest with myself about it, etc.....So, this reading was especially helpful today because I need that extra boost to keep me on the straight and narrow path!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Would also LOVE for someone with "Hope for Today" to post... I don't have the book and, to my knowledge, it can't be found anywhere online!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You must be reading my mind..... I was just wondering about Carlotta's daily postings this morning!!

Thank you for taking the time to do this!!!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
You must be reading my mind..... I was just wondering about Carlotta's daily postings this morning!!

Thank you for taking the time to do this!!!!!
Me, too!! I haven't picked up my book in a few weeks, but was on my way out the door to work this morning, stopped, grabbed my C2C book and turned to today's reading. I needed to read this today. I've been in a funk, and I'm trying to find my way out. An adjustment in attitude and perspective is what I'm working on.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this. I've been missing these since Carlotta stopped. Just for today, I will go to bed early and love every minute of it
Old 09-30-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just for today, I will go to bed early and love every minute of it
That is a genius idea!!!