Trying to stay to my side of the street

Old 09-29-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Trying to stay to my side of the street

So ah informed DS last night that he would be collecting him for school this morning only for DS to receive a text message early this morning informing him that he wouldn't be getting a lift as he now had someone coming round!! Yeah right he's drunk or dying from the effects!!!!! Iam really angry with him, again he has let our son down!!

So this is when I normally contact him to see if he's been drinking and if he's ok. So far I haven't I keep telling myself stick to your side of the street butterfly and I have said the serenity prayer constantly for the past hour lol.

Just needed to get this out. Thanks
Old 09-29-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Congratulations for getting it out here, and not to AH. The kids will deal with him being unreliable in their own way. From your previous posts they don't seem to have too much trouble standing up for themselves.

Does his dipping out inconvenience you at all by making you change your plans?
Old 09-29-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

We wouldn't get up so early when he is picking up Ds for school so this morning was a mad rush. But he got out in time. I've stopped arranging my time around him. I use to spend the wkends refusing g to do anything incase he called round not anymore. The kids don't not make arrangements either they plan their life if they're free and he wants to see them they will but they won't change their plans to suit him!!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When we together and still now, I plan on doing everything, I don't count on him being there. So that way, if the follows through great, if not, I had it all planned out anyways. I find it's a lot easier for my own sanity that way.

So sorry Butterfly. Stay strong.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't count on him at all, to echo hopeful4's advice. My XAH stood up our kids more times than I can count. At least your son got a text message. I remember clearly one night my DD's father had promised to take her out to dinner. He stood her up cold - he was at a bar with a woman.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sounds like a good new rule is no last minute changes to the kid's schedule. and taking him as much out of the "transportation" equation as possible.