Notices

Day2

Old 09-28-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day2

Its encouraging to see others posting their experiences as they start out in this life changing process. I hope everyone is doing well. My detox is going pretty much as expected. I was a pretty heavy drinker, so i knew this wasnt going to be easy. I am hoping that by writing out how unpleasant this is that when I think about taking another drink I can look back over these posts and recall how scary bad (or how far my disease had advanced) and know that I cant go back. The cold sweats are pretty awful (not to gross anyone), but I have to shower 3 times a day or I will smell rancid by the end of the day. The shakes are pretty hard to hide. I wouldnt dare write something free hand. Im extremly light headed. Chain smoking. And then theres the anxiety. All the things I drank to avoid my responsibilities are coming to mind. Just trying to keep in mind that I cant fix all my malfunctions/issues at once. But I am starting to make a list and hope to tackle the easy ones to keep my mind occupied while i keep myself locked away. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay hydrated. I found that to be the biggest aide to me and whwn I was dehydrated I felt the world coming to an end. The sweats would cause me to change my shirt at lunch. And co workers would question my change of clothes. I would say I spilled something during lunch. Its a truly awful feeling but again staying hydrated helped so much. And since you are chain smoking I am sure you are not hydrated well. Go get some electrolyte drink like pedialyte (not Gatorade as it has too much sugar) and pound one or even two of those a day for a few days. It helps me a ton.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have had bad withdrawals too. I remember trying to buy a train ticket and my hands were shaking so bad I couldn't sign the credit card receipt. The sales agent looking at me funny and asking if I was OK. Good idea to lock yourself away. I didn't leave my couch for a couple days until I was better.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey nuffs, welcome. I'm on day three and was going through all of that yesterday. I almost slipped today and then I remembered how awful the withdrawals were and that was enough to deter me. It's awful. I agree with the others, keep pounding the water. I too am smoking to cope. Hang in there.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

Welcome to SR, I am new here as well. And just about to enter Day 6 of my clean time!

Best of luck to you!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 2!! Keep it going!!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nuffs, I had the same thing. Hang in there because it does pass.