Notices

Relapsed...

Old 09-28-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed...

Most of me doesn't even want to come in here and admit this because I don't want to hear harmful criticism. I'm doing enough of that on my own. Screwed up so bad tonight. I know why, I know how, and I would have been fine had I not worried about what other people think.
I'll explain. Tomorrow.
I'm really beating myself up over this. I'm so pissdd at me. And heartbroken. I hurt me. I'm so stupid. God help me. Good night
Old 09-28-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Countrygirl - There aren't many of us who get it right the first time. What matters is that you came back to talk about what happened. You learned something valuable and you'll be giving it another shot. We're here to support & encourage you, not judge.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relapse is common, country girl. Have a good night 's sleep. Tomorrow s a new day and can be a new beginning.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It just hurts so bad. I want it all back. I loved my new feelings and routine and hope and...oh god I need to sleep this off I can't stop crying. What a dope I am
Old 09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Countrygirl,
Glad you came back, because tomorrow is a new day, and you can do this. As Hevyn said, its not often that anyone gets it perfect. You learn, and go on. don't look back,except to learn what not to do.

hugs
Old 09-28-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have been there and done that. For some it is part of the learning curve. Reminds us of what we wish not to do again. Best to stay sober tomorrow and move on.

Bob
Old 09-28-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm back on day one myself and, have been kicking my self for it also. I guess we just need to learn from our relapse and, forgive ourselves for it. Most of all, start again and do our best to stay sober.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What's done is done. I have relapsed many times. You get up, dust yourself off, and start again. You can do this.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Countrygirl-- like Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day." I'm in your boat tonight (ugh! Anniversary of Mom's death still too strong of a trigger!)-- but tomorrow I am going to be all about Sober Recovery-- This Time For Sure. Join me?
Old 09-28-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'll join you
Old 09-28-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Tomorrow is a new day. So far I have learned, yeah Me, you blind twisted dumbass... You have a problem. I broke my own heart. Going to bed. Good night
Old 09-28-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

No harmful criticism here I hope

I think you do need to look at what you've been doing though, and acknowledge that whatever it is just isn't enough.

Can you think of things to add at all countrysidegirl?

D
Old 09-28-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

As much as we feel the anger and frustration of those around when we relapse, it can't hold a candle to the mountains of shame and oceans of contempt that we heap upon ourselves after we screw up. One of the biggest reasons that the folks on SR don't lecture after a fellow alcoholic/addict relapses is that we all intimately understand just how hard they are being on themselves!

Learn what you can from your lapse in judgement and move on. Things will look better tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

5 months the 1st time. Thought I was ok to have a couple of cold beers on a hot day. I then guilted myself into believing I was doomed to fail so I kept drinking. 12 days from 2 years now and the thought of drinking barely ever comes to mind. Don't get discouraged. Learn from it and move on. It only gets worse if you let it.
Be strong. Hold your head up and get back to work on your well being.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I relapsed last sunday. Sometimes you learn from bad mistakes. It happens and if you work again at fixing this then that is a good thing. Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes its how you come out of it and how you right the ship is what counts. I relapsed and I learned and now I know to stay away from certain triggers and learn to cope with hardships in different ways. Will I relapse again? Who knows... but I know what I have accomplished and how I got there. As long as you make a conscience effort to right the ship good will come from this. This is tough. If addiction wasn't tough then it wouldn't be an addiction. Tomorrow starts a new day. Dust yourself off and get back on your horse and gitty up! You got this.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You mentioned that what others think of you played a role in your relapse. I went to several AA meetings when I was early in sobriety and something said really resonated with me.

"What other's think of me, is none of my business."

That line blew me away, as I too worry what others think about me. It's a pretty powerful and true statement.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Glad you are back on SR. Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Glad you are back so quickly, don't be so hard on yourself. Just pick yourself back and start again. You did it already, so you know what you do, and now you know you need a bit of a different plan. What other people think is never as important as sobriety. Now you know, and that's a good thing.

Be nice to yourself.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glad you're back, and sorry you're hurting.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh countrygirl I so feel for you ..... and yes I have always worried about people think of me...but in my recovery I am learning not to worry so much. And do you know what? Most people really arn't even thinking of you at all ... they are busy with their own issues and lives. I am getting through each day one at a time (Day 13) by continuously visiting SR often a few times a day. Whats done is done... accept it ... start again ... and come here daily .... you can do it