Notices

going to an NA meeting tonight

Old 09-28-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

going to an NA meeting tonight

A girl I met in IOP has been texting me to let me know when she is going to a meeting. She is going to an NA meeting tonight at 7pm. I think I am going to go even though I think AA is more appropriate for me. I have done other drugs in the past but do not have a problem with them. Alcohol is what I do too much of and what I am trying to quit. But it can't hurt. I need to start getting used to going to meetings and meeting people, getting phone numbers, and looking for a sponsor.

The only people in my life who know that I am going to IOP and trying to get help with my drinking are my mom and ex boyfriend (who I am still friends with and also work with. he is in AA and has been sober for 5 years). When I told my ex boyfriend about it, he offered to give my phone numbers of people I know that are in AA. People who are his friends and I met when me and him were dating. I told him not to tell anyone about it, that I don't want anyone to know. But now I am thinking maybe I should accept these phone numbers. I just don't really understand what I am supposed to do with them. How are they supposed to help me?
Old 09-28-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a chat be honest take it from there

i felt like that in the beginning

good luck
Old 09-28-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A huge part of Sobriety is support and other people, something or someone to get us out of our own minds and a lot of the time simply distract us from what our minds want us to do!!

I remember being at work in my first few weeks, and was so glad that someone started a conversation with me one morning at the water cooler, I was feeling a bit rough with withdrawals, but that 10mins was a great help!!

The important thing is not to sit in with your own thoughts, meet people, make new friends, whether online or in person!!

If your talking to others and staying busy, your not drinking, right?