Notices

Day 7 and having first wobble

Old 09-26-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 and having first wobble

Thought things were going too well. Just got a bit stressed and first thought was I need a drink, which I knew would happen at some point. Trouble is it's still there and im now trying to reason with myself that if I have a drink tonight I will still have managed 6 days which is great. Agghh I haven't wanted a drink at all till now :/ and as I'm writing this there's a bloody advert on telly go sober for October lol its a sign I think
Old 09-26-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, Mavis; that's your AV talking; she will say anything to get you to cave. Have you looked into AVRT?
Old 09-26-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mavis! I struggled a lot on Day 7 too. Day 9 now, I made it and so will you. :-)
Old 09-26-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Divert yourself somehow, anyhow. Don't go out of your house--I had to stay in so I would not drive right to the store to buy booze. Go to bed extra early if you must.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mavis -

Are you going to AA meetings? Whether or not that is the path you'll choose, it is a powerful tool for the first few months of sobriety and many of us chose involvement with AA, well, forever.

I know that I need the friendship and mutual concern of meetings with real people. I love, love, love the support on SR (it is my current addiction, really - last night I stayed up way too late, curled up in front of the fire, reading from my iPhone), but there is no way that would be enough for me to stay sober.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I couldn't go down the AA route as I don't believe in god or a higher power so would feel like a hypocrite. Plus don't do chanting and stuff I've read happens in the meetings lol. I've got the book Rational Recovery, maybe I should start reading that again. Dunno why it's just hit me today when I haven't even thought about a drink for the other 6 days. Still thinking now that I could get a bottle and just drink tonight and then start again tomorrow. And I know it's ridiculous when I've almost done a week. Not even sure why I want to do it? Maybe to get that relaxed happy feeling for a couple of hours.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there, any chance of some fresh air, clear out all those thoughts?!!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mavis, the urges to drink are bound to happen at some point, so just hang on and you can get through this. Each time will get a little easier.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Ate some chocolate instead and now cooking dinner. No way am I going to drink. And hubby said he wouldn't go and get me any even if I begged him lol.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sit down and play the tape all the way to the end. Put it on repeat if you need.

It always get's rid of my cravings. Because the tape doesn't end so well if I drink.