Notices

Back at day 1 again.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at day 1 again.

Lasted 2 weeks sober. This has been a terrible week. Husband out of town and I've barely talked to another adult all week. Feel like crap today. Why do I do this to myself?

I won't drink today.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi PinkiGreen; sorry to hear you've been having a hard time? Do you have any face to face support?

There is a 24 Hour Recovery thread here; we sign up for sobriety in 24 hour blocks; it is great for accountability.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

A new day Pinki - You still have those 2 weeks of sobriety, be kind to yourself as you would a friend. Glad you are here
Old 09-26-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back. While it might be hard to start over again at Day 1, each day is a victory! Celebrate today, and don't beat yourself up too bad over one slip up when you made it two weeks sober. We are all here for you.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you checked out a meeting?
Old 09-26-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Pinki,

Please don't be too hard on yourself... that's why it's called an addiction, we don't know why, but we do it...

Now think about why you crashed... because you where bored maybe? alone? now when you find the answer, think about what you will do the next time you're at 2 weeks sober... what will you do differently that will not make you crash again...

I don'y mean to sound like your father, I'm only at day 7 sober, but what I do know is that everytime we crash, if we get the lesson and strategise more efficiently for the next round of sobriety, then we will succeed at one point!!

And I do know that everybody here, deep inside, have the strenght to break this addiction!!

So get your answers, get your head up and sober up again...

You can do this!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think you might have touched upon the reason why you did drink. Did you stay in your house all day all night? Even though it is your house and place of comfort getting OUT of your house and doing some real things helps your mood. That sunlight gives you vitamin D and that fresh air is good for your overall mental health. When I find myself feeling down I get outside, sometimes I kick myself in the butt outside but once I am there I start to feel better. You dont even have to go for a walk, just get a chair and a book and sit outside for 30 mins.

And if you do decide to go to the park or something you dont even have to talk to people. Just being around them helps stimulate your brain and gets good chemicals released.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Except for taking the kids to and from school I've been home. I'm just stuck this week. My hubby has been gone since Monday and I'm lonely. I want him here but I know he's going to bitch at me about my drinking. I'm trying to get the house cleaned up and I just want a nap. I feel awful. I can't believe I drank so much.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do you miss your husband, or did you use this opportunity to drink without anyone there to judge you? I finally decided to quit for the second reason...the same person who annoyed me to death was actually the only reason I wasn't allowing myself to be a complete mess, if that makes any sense. When he left town and I was "free" to drink, it was terrible. Hang in there...no judgement here!
Old 09-26-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Don't be too hard on yourself. We've all had setbacks. We're all together on this!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go at things again, tweak your plan, you'll get there!!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Pinki!

I'm glad to see that you are still logged on! Stay close and you can succeed!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Hi PinkiGreen; sorry to hear you've been having a hard time? Do you have any face to face support?

There is a 24 Hour Recovery thread here; we sign up for sobriety in 24 hour blocks; it is great for accountability.
Link please?
Old 09-26-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-17-a.html

D
Old 09-26-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pinki - there's *always* people to talk to here - I really urge you to use the heck out of this community

I was housebound too - SR got me through many rough times

D
Old 09-26-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm sorry you had a setback Pinki - but you are here and ready to continue on your sober path. We know you can do it. You learned something - it's just not worth it anymore.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

This site is so amazing for help and support

were all here for each other you can talk instantly on chat their a friendly bunch i go on there from time to time in 2h there will be a online meeting in chat where u can listen n share directly

il be there

hope u feel a bit better
Old 09-26-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pinki, check in here anytime you feel the need to talk. There is always somebody around.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

PinkiGreen, back at day 1 is FANTASTIC, never give up, rootin for ya.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Whenever I relapsed I think that boredom had something to do with it. I couldn't stand the feeling of having nothing to do with myself. It would bring on this crazy anxiety and pouring wine down my throat almost felt like I was putting out a fire inside of me. I usually felt instant regret, but I didn't seem to have any other coping skills when anxious and bored.

Learning to live with this feeling was one of the hardest things I overcame. The thing that helped me more than anything was to do something positive, although getting myself up to doing it was a major ordeal. AA and Celebrate Recovery were so incredibly helpful at that point in my recovery. I had to push myself (hard!) to get to a meeting, but when I did, that anxious, bored feeling invariably disappeared. I felt better, stronger, more able to get through the day. I went to meetings where I literally had to force myself to put one foot in front of the other as I left my house, drove, walked in the room, sat down. But by the end of the meeting I always was glad I had gone.

The equation looked like this:

Staying sober but super anxious + wine = REGRET AND DEPRESSION

Staying sober but super anxious + meeting = RELIEF AND PEACE

It was that simple. Eventually, I learned more coping skills, found activities I loved to fill my days, and I've been sober now for over six years. While I still feel bored and anxious on occasion, drinking never even enters my mind as a solution. I hope this helps a bit...don't beat yourself up too much over your lapse...it happens to everyone. You haven't blown it...just dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. Look online for meetings...they are usually available all day and night. If you have child care issues, there were ways to deal with them...ask a friend to watch your kids for an hour (most people will help you for an hour!). Celebrate Recovery meetings usually have childcare available (plus the meetings are usually really fun, music, food, support. They are, however, Christian meetings, just as an fyi...).

You CAN do this!!