I went to the Dr. yesterday

Old 04-06-2002, 02:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GirlfromNC

Unhappy I went to the Dr. yesterday

Yesterday, I woke up feeling a little weird. I really couldn't explain what was wrong but I knew that something wasn't right. Anyhow, I called my doctor and made an appointment. They checked my blood pressure and it was a little high.Its been this way for the last 3 visits.Now I'm rescheduled to go back Monday morning for a recheck. I sit here sometimes and can't figure out how to calm myself down at teh end of the day. I'm only 30 and I'm not supposed to have a blood pressure problem. I can only figure that I'm like totally stressed out.I MEAN TOTALLY!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce stress levels besides divorce?

How do you all deal with stress? I need some ideas because I don't want to drop dead of a heartattack.

Thanks,

Holly

Old 04-06-2002, 02:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Holly

I've had high blood pressure since I've been in my twenties, now I have diabetes TypeII of course I am over weight and can't seem to loose any. You made the right choice going to the doctor. A lot of times a change in diet, exercise and weight loss helps blood pressure. If it continues to remain high, they may put you on a water pill or other type of medication. Does it run in your family? Both my parents, and 2 of my sisters have high blood pressure. I am not a doctor of course but I think seeking attention for the matter was a good decision!!

Not sure how to get the stress out of your life. Still working on that myself.

Hope you feel better real soon.

Take care.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 04-06-2002, 03:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Mornin'

I walk...and with spring here it is wonderful time to get out there. And believe me, my head and my thinking suffer when I am not walking regularly. And I think that regular exercise is a way to help treat high BP. And my jeans fit better...

Paula

By the way...stress gave me spastic colon...charming,huh? But after a few years of Al Anon I was med free...really!

[This message has been edited by Just Tired (edited April 06, 2002).]
Old 04-06-2002, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I made myself only drink 2 cups of coffee instead of 15 a day. That kept me alive last week. I had to really protect myself from taking on anything that was unnecessary. Walking would be wonderful, but that is like pulling teeth for me. Stretching really helps though. Breathe in your favorite color and breathe out all the bad. Cut down on your salt intake. Check the sodium content on the nutrition labels. Get away from it all for at least 24 hours.