Notices

Starting over again!

Old 07-24-2004, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over again!

So I blew it again. I had a drink on Wednesday and felt horrible on Thursday. I Haven't one since and it is now Saturday so I have 2 1/2 dys on my belt. I need to get through the weekend. It is hard for me to stay sober when it is sunny and beautiful outside. It reminds me of all the beer and BBQ's. I am hopeful I will get through another day though. I am dissapointed with myself for doing this for soooo long. This off and on thing is infuriating me. I am also greatful that I have the opportunity to make it better one day at a time.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Bliss,

Even 1 day sober means you've done it, so 2 1/2 days is excellent. You are already a non-drinker, so now you need to work on staying that way. Try to shift your perception away from one of 'getting through'; if you're 2 1/2 days down the line and not feeling too bad you're already 'through'. From now on you only ever need to stay sober for 1 day and that's the current one.

My best wishes are with you. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Bliss...

Love your pseud.. ;o)

I am multi addicted... and when I started the program I could never get back to back abstinance on anything...and I was almost to the point of giving up when an oldtimer suggested I start marking my abstinant days on a calendar.

He told me to make my focus my successes and not my failures. So I went out and bought a bunch of little stickers... angels and such..

Every day... I got to put a sticker on for each of my addictions I was clean from.... around food, drugs and booze. It was a visual reminder of my goals... and as elementary as it sounds... some days the only thing that kept me clean was knowing I could put another sticker on my calender... lol

Anyway.. my point is ... it's progress .. not perfection... and every clean day is a day of honesty and growth. Cherish each one...
Old 07-24-2004, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Helo Bliss. Beer and BBQ were big for me too. Now its just great to wake up on a sunny morning, feeling great, smelling the fresh moning air. Are you involved in any sort of recovery program? When I tried to stop on my own, I found myself in the cycle like you described. A few days or even weeks of sobriety, then drunk again....