Notices

Today marks day 3 (at 6 pm)

Old 09-24-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today marks day 3 (at 6 pm)

And I feel horrible. Sunday I really did myself in. I binge drank and made myself sick... and I mean sick.

I have been drinking pedialyte and lots of water and been trying to eat good foods.

Today I have a head ache, feel a little dizzy, and feel some discomfort in my stomach... obviously I made myself sick and was dry heaving by Monday morning so I think I may have strained something in my side.

Why did I do that to myself?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

UGH! Exactly...why do we do this to ourselves?! I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's the insanity of alcoholism.

I hope you feel better today and if you have concerns, don't hesitate to talk to your dr.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

WHY? because we are alcoholics. There is a solution though....not picking up the first one. Day 3 and 4 were always the worst for me, sounds like you are doing all you can to help your immediate health concerns. Do you have any plans as to what you might do moving forward to keep from picking up the first one?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel your pain day 3 was usually the worst for me as well after a binge.
Keep doing what you're doing!
Day 3
Old 09-24-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
WHY? because we are alcoholics. There is a solution though....not picking up the first one. Day 3 and 4 were always the worst for me, sounds like you are doing all you can to help your immediate health concerns. Do you have any plans as to what you might do moving forward to keep from picking up the first one?
Yes I do... when someone ask if I want to meet them out, I wont go for a while. I had no intentions of drinking but I did. Everyone was doing it... weak I know.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
Yes I do... when someone ask if I want to meet them out, I wont go for a while. I had no intentions of drinking but I did. Everyone was doing it... weak I know.
So the next logical step is to form some kind of plan so you don't put yourself in those kinds of situations. If you really want to be sober, you need to ask yourself what you are willing to do to make it happen. Have you ever tried AA or any of the secular/self paced programs?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
So the next logical step is to form some kind of plan so you don't put yourself in those kinds of situations. If you really want to be sober, you need to ask yourself what you are willing to do to make it happen. Have you ever tried AA or any of the secular/self paced programs?
I plan on attending one tonight at 8 pm... I was going to try and go yesterday but some family situation prevented me from going.

Basically, I told myself, hey I can go out but I found myself thinking, and I can have just one. But that one turned to probably about 8 or so. This is the second time I have slipped up because of that thought. Each time I get about a week or so sober, and then it hits me. But before it was only a few here and there. This time I really did myself in.

So I had a heart to heart with myself and my wife last night, and just said hey, if I say I am going out to meet some people downtown, remind me what happened last time. Remind me that I am not in the state of mind to be able to do that. Remind me that I have a bigger thing going for me that and is being sober. Remind me a drink, or the thought of having one, could potentially get me back to the never ending cycle of quitting and drinking quitting and drinking...
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just my two cents: It's great to have support, but when I really want to drink, I never listen to my husband. ;-)
Old 09-24-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jryan19882, why don't you write yourself a letter and keep it to back to when you feel like picking up that first drink. Day 2 and sweats, shaking, burning skin and goose bumps, dry retching all getting better now, will probably still have strange dreams and night sweats again tonight yes why do we do it to ourselves. Because we pick up that first drink. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

carry on drinking like that youl be vomiting blood like i used to soon enough

let it be a wake up call

good luck and well done on day 3
Old 09-24-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
carry on drinking like that youl be vomiting blood like i used to soon enough

let it be a wake up call

good luck and well done on day 3
For all I know I could have been, but it was dark so I didnt really see what I was vomiting up. And that really isnt the norm when I do drink... it just got really messed up on Sunday and Im not sure why. But I am using that as motivation to stop. Do I want to feel like that again? Hell no.

But now as the day is going by and I am drinking more water I am feeling better overall. But I am not even thinking about the next drink. I am thinking about what I am going to have for dinner!

But I am on DAY 3! And I am looking forward to DAY 4 and beyond.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The good news is you don't have to go back to that place!!

I wouldn't swap Sobriety for one more morning in the bathroom dry heaving before work!!

Keep pushing through, and make it happen!!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
The good news is you don't have to go back to that place!!

I wouldn't swap Sobriety for one more morning in the bathroom dry heaving before work!!

Keep pushing through, and make it happen!!
True that! I am just not one of these people who can control how much I drink. Its one then outta control.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Remember how much better it feels to wake up not hungover

I had 2 horribly sick mornings after a Sunday night of drinking. Not knowing when to stop. One Monday I had to be at work at 6am. Made it in and immediately went to the bathroom still throwing up. so I have tried to use control on stopping after just a few drinks with some success but I now am 3 days without a drink and happy about it. I don't want to abuse my body anymore just not healthy
Old 09-24-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have passed the 6 pm hour and I am stilllllllll sober. Drinking a water with lemon in it... Afternoon was a little rough but I made it through it ok.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post

Why did I do that to myself?
Because you are addicted to alcohol. We all used to do that to ourselves. It is possible to break the cycle. You may have to change things in your life at least until you get comfortable with it. Eventually, you will see that life is far better without booze.

SR is a good place to start.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well I am on day 4 now.

Last night was a good night. Ate well, and hung out with the family.

This morning is not so good. I am freeking exhausted! I couldnt fall asleep until after 11 pm last night, and had to wake up around 7. I know that is 8 hours but geez I am wiped out.

I hope I start to wake up as the day goes on...
Old 09-25-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 4 jryan

I hope you'll feel better soon

D
Old 09-25-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on day 4 jryan

I hope you'll feel better soon

D
Oh man I feel great right now! The morning was rough and still have slight anxiety at times, but overall I feel great. Thanks for asking.