Notices

Update: I Didn't Have a Plan

Old 09-24-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update: I Didn't Have a Plan

... and we all know what that leads to.

Last night, at his wits end, my boyfriend had his parents come over to look after me and ensure I stopped drinking. Which, angrily, I did. I was enraged that he yet again brought his parents into the equation. It's none if their business, how dare he! I went to bed early, leaving them on the couch downstairs, believing that their son is dating the scum of the earth.

I was wrong.

While my boyfriend goes on tour, they want me to live with them. LIVE with them. They want to make sure I'm ok, and they know that this crypt of a house is a trigger for me. I thought they completely write me off after seeing me so drunk last night. Turns out, they think bf would "be a fool to let such a wonderful girl succumb to her demons".

Not everyone is bad, or mean, or spiteful. I'm so very greatful for these people, even moreso now.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
... and we all know what that leads to.

Last night, at his wits end, my boyfriend had his parents come over to look after me and ensure I stopped drinking. Which, angrily, I did. I was enraged that he yet again brought his parents into the equation. It's none if their business, how dare he! I went to bed early, leaving them on the couch downstairs, believing that their son is dating the scum of the earth.

I was wrong.

While my boyfriend goes on tour, they want me to live with them. LIVE with them. They want to make sure I'm ok, and they know that this crypt of a house is a trigger for me. I thought they completely write me off after seeing me so drunk last night. Turns out, they think bf would "be a fool to let such a wonderful girl succumb to her demons".

Not everyone is bad, or mean, or spiteful. I'm so very greatful for these people, even moreso now.
having support of people who believe in your goodness is a gift.

don't throw it away.

mount an attack on those demons like never before.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

(PS - TIME FOR A PLAN)
Old 09-24-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! Seems as if it's time--the stars have aligned and that only comes around every so often. Best wishes on your journey.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would agree, having people see your goodness through your demons may be a blessing in disguise. Think through the alternative. No support and people jettisoning you from their lives. I understand the feeling of being smothered, but maybe there some benefit. Wishing you the best.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm extremely lucky. And grateful.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I called a girl around my age yesterday before this ordeal from an AA meeting I went to closer to my hometown. Taking strides to get back in that horse again
Old 09-24-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your bf and his parents sound like great people.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I got a call from my foster mom today, too. I feel especially lucky, like I'm mending old wounds. My future mother in law completely understands me and loves me, despite my disease. My foster mom is hesitant, but proud that I'm making strides.

I'm so blessed. It's time to start giving back.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great you have that kind of support

I am a little concerned tho cos I see a couple of wrinkles here...it doesn't mean you don't have to have a plan - do make one, stick to it, and add to it. You will get back what you put in

The ultimate responsibility for your recovery lies with you. Living with your 'inlaws' won't change that

D
Old 09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee

I called someone to help her me back to meetings. I'll also be looking for ones where I'll be staying for the next month. M

A big trigger for me has been this house. I was invited to live here, and I won't get into the specifics, but my boyfriend BARELY out of his 20's bout it and has done very little to keep it in running order, and almost 10 years later it's... a mess. We are working on it, but I'm going to stop here because I could write an epic poem about this damn house!
Old 09-24-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alphabet, I think it's great that you have such wonderful support from your future in-laws. And, Dee is right that you need a plan because ultimately, staying sober is up to you. And, be sure to continue reading and posting here because there is lots of support.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Definitely hold on to all the support you can get, we can very easily burn bridges!!

Though probably best to figure out the reaction towards his parents getting involved, I usually always got really defensive when deep down I didn't like what I was hearing and still held a flame for alcohol.

As has already been mentioned, a solid plan moving forward is needed, but I think you already know that given the title of this thread!

You can do this Alphabet, you can make it happen!!
Old 09-24-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you every sucess in achieving sobriety

Good luck...do this for you forget the rest reclaim your life dont let your life be defined by alcohol

if i havnt met you nice to meet you
Old 09-24-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Your future in-laws sound splendid! Glomp onto them as hard as you glomp onto sobriety!