Notices

Why I am really down sorry for lying folks

Old 09-23-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why I am really down sorry for lying folks

So today, I had to have my dear friend committed. I didn't want to, I feel bad for doing it, but is the true source of my post today and my different attitude. Let call him Joseph,Joseph is such an awesome man, intelligent and thoughtful caring, but he is an addict.

I didn't want to tell SR, but I am a snitch I told the state about Joseph, I reported him today, I felt bad lying to my friend here, I am still off my rocker, but that is my true depression, I reported someone and they have been committed.

I am so sorry, I didn't want to tell SR this, but now you know. I hid it, I waffled on it, I feel like a snitch, but I had to help someone a good guy and someone that means the world to me. I am certain they are hurt by this, but I had to.

Again, I hid this, I lied about this, I surrounded this with my typical TDG bravado and stuff, and I am sorry, I was worried about my friend and allowed it to affect me, again sorry friends , please forgive me. I am feel bad at it is, I snitched off a friend, and didn't want anyone to know.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why do you feel bad about this? I would say you saved his life.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Again, let me call him Joseph, he is disabled, I love the man dearly but lately its gotten scary with him, I hate and I mean hate being a snitch. However, over the last two days the things he has shared have scared me, so I had to do this. I feel bad for lying on here about it, and not helping him sooner, I am conflicted hopeful, I had this poor man commited today and I was so hurt I posted a bunch of stuff to help me feel better I hope this community can forgive me. I jsut wanted kind words and such.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Never feel bad about doing something that you feel is right my man.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree - why feel bad? You may very well have saved your friend's life.

It's not easy when we are RA's. There is a feeling (at least for me), that I couldn't get through to her. In my case, it was my stepmom.

I loved her dearly, but saw her spiraling down in drug addiction. She despised me, in the last 6 months, as I kept telling her "you are killing yourself". Dad is a codie and in denial.

The morning I found her dead, tried to do CPR, I had a myriad of emotions. I only wish that I could have done what you just did.

Be gentle with yourself, okay?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-23-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would say to think of how bad you would feel had you not done this and something would have happened to him.

You did the right and responsible thing. Don't be sorry for that. I say good for you.

He is obviously in a bad place and needs some help, you are giving him that opportunity.

I hope if I were ever in that bad of a place I have a friend who would do the same for me.

XXX
Old 09-23-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

What are you feeling bad about? You're as much a hero as any firefighter that ran into a burning building. How we save lives is unimportant.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

but I had to help someone a good guy and someone that means the world to me
There is nothing wrong in looking out for someone you care about!!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'd guess that you had good intentions when you had him committed, TDG. So it's time to realize you did what you thought best for this man. You are looking out for someone's welfare here. You care.

I understand the tremendous guilt that comes from doing what you think is right, for people who don't understand and who are incapable of understanding. I lived that way most of my life, around family who were safely tucked into their various denials and dysfunctions. When you step up to bring things to light, and step into clarity, and do a healthy thing... people who aren't healthy may not appreciate that.

It doesn't lessen what you did, nor does it lessen your intent. Sounds like you did the best thing.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jessie J - Who You Are - YouTube

When you first posted about your friend i think i said remember yourself in this too

you did that J this has obviously been in your head since then and it was eating you up

Jeremy drop the whole snitch concept start thinking you done what any decent friend would do if you didnt and im glad you didnt there could a very diffrent scenario being played out

because of you that didnt happen you are getting loads thrown your way and your dealing with it

bottling it up is a bad idea and you can see the effect it is having on your mood and emotions

your not a snitch your a bloody good friend and that should be heavily recognised

J ive put a link to a song i know