Notices

new to this

Old 07-24-2004, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy new to this

hi, my name is mark and i am here because my 15 year old daughter has been fully engulfed in drugs. our life has been sooooo crazy the past year. we finally had to send her to a 28 day treatment facility. she went willingly but did not work as hard as she should have . bailey DA has a real hard time opening up and hence she had e difficult time in her groups. she has been home a couple of weeks and has been clean. no meth, no pot and no heroin. god thats hard to say as her dad. bailey still will not talk to us and this causes a real trust issue. at 15 some of the detachment list just don't apply. wow i'm really all over the place in this post. i'm sorry for that.we have decieded do to baileys age that if there is a serious relapse that we will have to send bailey to a long term rehab. you see we have a 8 year old in the house as well and can't risk harm to her. we only want what is best for bailey and as i have learned drugs force kids into making adult choices with out the wisdom and knowlage to make them. i am also trying to get to 2 meetings a week for myself. i really have not found the right group yet, but am not giving up. what are peoples thoughts on this. please help ! thanks for all the post i've red so far and for having this site, mark knott atlanta ga.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Welcome, Mark.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things for Bailey. I know its gotta be hard. My daughter is only eight, but I still worry about the day when she first encounters drugs. The sad truth is, she won't really be able to recover until she is really ready. You probably already know this from your meetings. I pray that she will be able to do it. I wish I had when I was that young. Would have saved me a lot of heartache.

You have come to a great place. Keep hangin' in and keep posting. Others will be along shortly.....
Old 07-24-2004, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Mark,
Welcome to Sober Recovery. I'm glad you found us.
There are lots of parents of addicts here. Check out the Naranon and Alanon forums.
And don't you dare apologize for being all over the place in your post. It's hard to get your feelings into words sometimes.
It's obvious that you love your daughter and only want the best for her.
She is very lucky to have that love and support.
Stick around, you will find lots of encouragement and understanding here.
Gabe
Old 07-24-2004, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Welcome Mark!! Big hugs to you! Ditto to what Gabe said!

Does your daughter attend any NA meetings? It may help her to keep talking to someone in recovery.

Hugs and Prayers to you and yours,
Missy
Old 07-24-2004, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((MARK))))))

Soooooooooooooo sorry for you and your family. Please start looking at the 12 steps for recovery for yourself. I know how hard it is to take the focus off the addict and put it on yourself believe me I do. Your A/D is so young and is making choices that we concider to be beyound her years of experience. Perhaps if she(baliey) sees you and your wife changing this will affect a change in her. I believe you were right to put her in rehab and to do so again if she relapes it could save her life for sure.
It is hard not to try and control her after all she is a minor and in essence you are responcible for her.
See, the "control thing" is where us codies really do get ourselves into a world of trouble. Set your boundries and really mean it and if she crosses the line then follow thru with the consequences rather than trying to control her every move. If she relapes then put her back in rehab as this is the consequence. Now relax!!! Go to more meetings find one where you feel comfortable and do what they say to do work the steps...say some prayers and believe God hears you and will answers.
Realize that Bailey's lack of communication is her way of controling you and keeping the focus on her rather on you. Addicts are manipulators and they are good at it too so don't fall for her tactics. take care!!!