Notices

complete mess

Old 09-22-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

complete mess

I feel mad at the world today. Nothing new really. I absolutley have no idea how to handle emotions. Everything pisses me off or makes me want to cry. I miss numbness. I know im a terrible wife and mother but why does it all have to blow up in my face when im trying to do better? I'm going to a doctors appt on next monday to get on some antidepressants. I've decided to give my all the next 2 months... if I still feel this way I'm checking out.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your emotions moods are re-adjusting to a sober life were going to have days like this such is life

as long as we keep pushing forward... as long as we refuse to fall down anymore

we can we will suceed
Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you continue to work on your recovery.

I'm glad you've got an appointment to talk to your dr.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Having only been Sober a few days, you're not giving Sobriety a proper chance to get to the good stuff!!

The body can't repair and wipe away years of drinking in a week, it needs time to adjust, and so it's understandable that emotions/feelings/thoughts will be all over the place for the initial period!!

As alcoholics, we like our quick fix, everything to be sorted instantly but unfortunately recovery isn't going to work that way, it took years to get us into this situation, it's gonna take more than a few days to get us out!!

Hang in there!! Don't give up!!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Checking out isn't a solution. Certainly not if you have kids. Early sobriety is full of emotion and most of it uncomfortable. Give yourself time, be kind to yourself and definately see your Dr.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand the anger, stress and frustration you feel. I had that too. I wanted to punch walls and people!

Try taking a walk if you can. That helped burn off some extra energy and clear my head.

My sponsor pointed out to me early on that the anger and frustration I felt was because I wanted to control others. When I drank, it was like I could deal with it because I knew at the end of the day I could let go of all that pent up frustration over a drink.

When I quit it seemed like I wanted to choke people, people were driving to slow, there was red light after red light. It was like everything and everyone was in my face all the time. I wanted to hide. I wanted to drink it all away like I had done so for years.

Give it time. You will learn a new way to cope with all that if you just hang on. Everything is going t be okay, just don’t drink
Old 09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Putting down the alcohol is just the first step in the recovery journey. You need to also figure out how to live and love your sober life. That often takes more than just abstinence. Since you are "giving it your all" for the next two months, look into the various recovery methods.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

I miss the numbness and the buzz too, but trust us given enough time it does get better
Old 09-22-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

HI Erin,

What sort of support system do you have? Do you have people in your life that can relate to your side of this, what you are going through? If not, please seek out meetings or a counselor with someone who understands addiction. Please don't check out on your recovery, it has to be #1. It will be hard, but it will pay off in spades.

Many Hugs...

I wish you all the best of luck!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't let it defeat you. If it takes a year to return to normality emotion wise (if that even exists!) or at least to feeling more peaceful then that is a lot less than the years alcohol has and will take away.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Erin, hang in there and get through the early days because things do get better. Time can heal things. Also, there's meditation, yoga, walking, and other things you can do to relax yourself and get your body and brain more in sync. Have you looked into vitamin therapy? I researched what alcoholics tend to be deficient in and took several vitamins and supplements at the beginning of my sobriety, and followed this protocol for the first six months. Caffeine and sugar can be a factor as well.

Continue to reach out to others! And it's great you have a doc appt planned. Let the doc know what is going on. *hugs*
Old 09-22-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

I'm feeling a little better now. I got into an argument with my mother in law last night and my husband juMped in the middle of it. .. and work was stressful today but I'm home and about to start cooking dinner. I'm usually a little tipsy by now... but im ok
Old 09-22-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Erin. I'm right there with you, my irritability is off the charts (it is only slightly better today, on Day 5). So far, sobriety kind of sucks, but I'm sure it's a good investment in better days. Take care. :-)
Old 09-22-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good for you Erin for not drinking today. I'm on day 8 and I can tell you that reading your posts I can very much relate to the crazy emotional ups and downs which are so hard to bear. Hang in there. Today was a good day for me. I did not feel that awful angry/crying way I did all last week. Be kind to yourself. You are accomplishing a lot by not drinking. That in itself is a very good thing.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Erin

It's early days and you will be on an emotional roller coaster for a short while. Be patient with yourself (and others). Coming to grips with your emotions which we usually drank to hide takes time. Hang in there !
Old 09-22-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day 69 here. When I first quit I hated every thing and every one. If the wind changed direction it pissed me off. Over the last 2 months all that has changed. I am relaxed, calm and don't miss the booze and all the bad that comes with it.

I wake up in the morning. I remember the night before. No hangover and ready for what ever comes up.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

man... these urges keep popping up out of nowhere. I keep looking at the clock. I guess its time for bed. Day #3 over with. I really really hope I make it tomorrow. My meetings aren't helping as much as I hoped. I can relate to some things but I still feel like an outsider... probably because I've always felt like an outsider. I can't help but think that meetings would be EASIER if I were drunk. ha. not funny really. fml. goodnight all. Thanks for your support today. See ya tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Erin, these early days are tough. We just have to know the fight is worth it. Those thoughts popping up are lies the AV is telling you. You're doing great. Congrats on day 3.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

where is the delete option?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

x