Notices

Suicide

Old 09-21-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suicide

A buddy of mine called me today he was at the end he hated life, his addictions and being led him to believe he had no options. I talked with him, I told him I loved him and no matter what he matters.

This person, has severe depression issues, addiction issues, and is disabled. Man I love this man, I told him over and over he matters, he has been committed because of of suicidal tendencies. I love this man dearly, and on that matter I love everyone, we all have something to add to life in general.

After a talk this morning and some other things moving me, I thought I would address suicide directly. I had so many thoughts of suicide, I thought I could turn off life, I thought I could in one second address my mental issues, my addictions and life in general.

I just want to say it was all a @#$# lie, you are worth it, you do matter, and if you think its the end, please, please,please give it one more try, I know it *** king hurts, I know it feels hopeless, but please get help, call the suicide hotline at 1-800-273-TALK, or talk with someone here. Please?

I am worried about my friend at this hour, I gave him all the pertinent information, but given where I am at and where I've been, I love you all, trust there is hope, there is another life and no matter what please hang on for just one more day and get help.

I posted this, because after my friend called me, an knowing what I've been through and being at the bottom, I wanted everyone to know there is help at SR, you do matter, battle your addiction get help call someone, but please before you do something promise you will try to seek help. YOU DO MATTER.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jeremy, are you OK? You've posted a thread today first "The happiest man on earth" facing your challenges head on, and now this one on "Suicide" (even if it started with a friend as you say). These are two polar opposite themes, an overwhelming load of stuff to think about within a day... There is always so much happening to you every day!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

haennie I am rocking it like a mofo, I am actually riding life I own it. I am ok brother, actually, I spent two days away and a friend called me from Idaho, and he is in a bad place, I didn't get an opportunity to talk with him for about two days.

This guy has been committed before, he and I talk daily, for a long time we were drunken high brothers, I got sober he got worse, at this hour he is in a bad place I talked with him and I thought I would post about suicide in general.

I've been there a ton of time, and in those moments, without kind words who the hell knows where I would be, at this hour I worry about my friend.

Haennie, I am so well, I don't even know what well is, but my past life has me surrounded with addicts and people with issues and with that I always worry and want to help, but I try to translate my reality to a broader audience and help others.

So I am rocking it like it was the 90's the time I really grew up in, but also trying to help others, I am doing so well, I just worry still, my brethren our brethren need us. Man I am loving life, I just wish I could help my friend that don't at moment.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Unexpected news happens Jeremy its what we call life...

you are being the best friend you can be and thats what most important... maybe tell him to seek professional help your friend is not dealing with whatever is making him feel this way and its concerning you enough to post stay calm J your friend can always seek help

tell your friend you can make a plan to meet up have tea/coffee etc

remember yourself in this aswell

hope your friend starts to feel better asap
Old 09-21-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Soberwold we live a couple a states apart, but this is my main man. He has issues mentally and with addiction. We met years ago and talk daily on the phone, he is in a bad place, but you know that is expected by me.

He has been this way for awhile, and has been committed before, I am thinking about calling and getting him committed again, but I have to gauge his mentality and see what is going on, I am no judge, but then again I would hate to have to have friend committed but will if they are a danger to themselves.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are a good friend, Jeremy. And kind of you, to think of others, the bigger audience.. very good to remind others, you never know who may need to hear this message right now.

Do what you think is in his best interest, you know him. They say if someone is threatening suicide, to believe them. just in case they mean it.

I will remember him in my prayers.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You did a great thing TDG. Keep in touch with him, that is important, as you mentioned.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My younger daughter has a history of mental illnesses and suicide attempts and when she went quiet and said things that sent red flags up and I lived hours away...I called the local police department to do a well check on her. Not a go in and drag her to the psych ward, but a non confrontational check...and I'm glad I did, she had a rope already tied up and was going to hang herself.
She was surprised by the police coming and checking on her and it broke the mental cycle her brain was going thru. She admitted she wanted to harm herself, was hopeless and frightened. They gently took her in the car and took her to a crisis center for an eval and they took her to the hospital for a hold. We dodged that bullet and I am grateful for all the caring professionals who helped her.
I was always told to believe it when someone says they want to end it all...but what do I believe when they say it all the time? Cry wolf? I'm glad I trusted my instincts this one time.
TF
Old 09-21-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Two fish, I've been suicidal, many times in my life. I have mental issues I hear voices, I think things that are crazy, without medication I out of it, I can't distinguish reality from the real world.

I can say mental illness is real, I have so much compassion for your daughter. Wow, help that women out, let her know that we are all worth it. Let her know how much value you she has, tell her every day you love her.

At the bottom, my personal experience, I was so stuck, I thought nothing could ever help me I thought I was worthless, such a scary place, I thought the world was out to get me!

It takes so much support and convincing to convince a person they are worth it, but its worth the battle. At the moment they feel they worthless is when they need someone the most, please be that person, and love and care for them and no matter what encourage them to get help thank you for sharing something so personal.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi TDG,
Yes I do love and support and encourage my daughter with every grain of hope this momma can possess. Sometimes it feels like I'm too smothering. But my eyes and ears remain open.
Just yesterday she called her therapist and scheduled what we call in our home "a tune up".
I'm glad you stared this thread TDG, addiction and mental illness are NOT a combination to take lightly. My RAD is alive she's sober and she's suffering. I will always be there for her, she is so worth it to me.
TF
Old 09-23-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Thank you for this thread.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi treerat

how are you