Notices

Sleeping in my condo for the first time tonight

Old 09-20-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sleeping in my condo for the first time tonight

Hi everyone,

Tonight I'll be sleeping in my home for the first time since the hospital 4 months ago. After I was released, I was too sick to go home or start IOP, so I have been staying with my parents. As I started to get better, I came around to my condo with my mom to do light cleaning, take care of my rabbits (not to worry, they are house trained and looked after by someone in my family everyday I was sick), and just be here. As I got healthier and further into my Sobriety, I have been spending alot of time here, but still go home to sleep at my parents..they are only 5 minutes from me, same town. I can stay there as long as I'm comfortable to do so.

Now, mid-September, I've fixed my home to my liking, changed things around, gotten rid of "drunk-Jill-crap" and leftover crap from my last relationship. My home truly feels like a home I am proud to come home to, and not a huge trigger. There are still things to work on, but tonight I would like to sleep here and wake up here. I will still sleep at my parents house, one night here in my place, one night there, until I'm completely ready to be back here.

I'm not worried about me, if I feel anxious, I can always go to my other home. I'm worried about my mom, I know she is anxious and sad. I feel very guilty. I don't know what to say to make her feel better. This isn't a goodbye, but my ordeal is still so real to her, where I just keep trying to move foward. I'm not sure of too much right now, but I am sure of my Sobriety, and I know my mom feels that way, too. I just know all this has been so hard on her, and me.

That's all, thanks for listening and stay Sober and safe

Bunnez
Old 09-21-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing really well bunnez big hugs
Old 09-21-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you have a wonderful new start in your own home!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bunnie, your post is really great. It sounds like you've worked so hard to get to where you are today and now you're ready to take the next step and move back to your own place. What a good idea to get it cleaned up and ready for the new you. I'm sure your mother has concerns, but continue to show her you are a changing person and it will be fine.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How did it go Bunnez? Thinking of you.