Notices

i did good today.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i did good today.

Wrapping up my day 3. Had bad urges at work thinking about getting beer after my shift . Then I thought wait I'm a alcoholic. So my mind kept wondering and I thought instead of my normal I'll just get a 6 pack and a 40oz beer. I was pondering this for hours on end. Then I started thinking once I bring this home I'll be nervous I won't have enough but I'll just take it easy and milk it I can moderate my drinking why not. WRONG. So on my way home before I picked up my son from day care I was thinking I'll just stop at the store and go threw with my plan but I didn't I went straight to the day care and picked him up. But while they was telling me how he did today I was thinking of going to the store again I'll just bring him in and how I should of just went before I picked him up . But I just drove right home that's a big win for me. I'm having a sober Friday which isn't that bad actually getting things done instead of saying I'm going to do them and get drunk . My only downfall today was I haven't smoked in the 3 days I haven't drank but work was so slow today and I caved in and bought a pack at lunch ....and you know after I bought the pack and smoked that's when I got the thoughts of drinking . Wish you all a happy sober Friday/weekend !! Going to feel so good not to wake up hung over tomorrow morning .
Old 09-19-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through the afternoon and the drive home.

I've heard others mention the connection with smoking and drinking. I'm glad you stayed sober.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, you DID do good!
keep up the good work, and I hope you and your son have a wonderful weekend!

Old 09-19-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good choice! Have a great weekend with your son!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-19-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you for making it through those challenges. It does get easier the more sober time you have. You're doing great.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Good job ForYouMySon, They sound like little battles, but they lead to a very steep slippery slope. Your battle today and it's subsequent victory is inspiring. Your name too.

Thanks for sharing & have a good/sober weekend.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you! You made the right decisions and listened to your inner self. I too am having a sober friday:-) your post gives me the strength to not loose sight of my goal. namaste
Old 09-19-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The mental part is tough especially when your bored or don't have much going on. The way the brain works I'll tell ya. Some of the crazy things you come up with in your head.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great to hear foryoumyson! You did it!

I too have had two battles with my wanting to drink, yesterday and today and thankfully, by the Grace of God, I got through it without a drink.

Some days are hard, but you have made it through and fought off the mental obsession this time and I know it gets easier as time goes by.

Have a great weekend with your son! So happy for you. (And have a great, great sober Saturday morning!)