Notices

Success and Water

Old 09-19-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Success and Water

Well successful week so far! Coupled with a plan, water has done me good. I feel hydrated, less dizzy spells, less light head feeling, and a better feeling overall. Less anxiety, less depression, less bad feelings. And while I think drying out is a big part of it, I think staying hydrated and water is another big part. When you get dehydrated vision worsens, anxiety increases and so does depression because your body is lacking something it is made up of the most. Water is good!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Water is VERY good.

I recently read that it's a good idea to drink at least 1 16 oz. glass of water as soon as you get up in the morning because it not only jump starts your metabolism but invigorizes your organs. I need about that much to get my morning vitamins down anyway. But I can tell the difference when I start my day with water. I seem to drink less coffee too.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great stuff!!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you are doing great. Water is awesome.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
Well successful week so far! Coupled with a plan, water has done me good. I feel hydrated, less dizzy spells, less light head feeling, and a better feeling overall. Less anxiety, less depression, less bad feelings. And while I think drying out is a big part of it, I think staying hydrated and water is another big part. When you get dehydrated vision worsens, anxiety increases and so does depression because your body is lacking something it is made up of the most. Water is good!
Yes. And plus 1000!

It actually took me decades to learn this.

I don't get thirsty for reasons unknown, and have to consciously water my body. I keep a bottle of water on my nightstand now and try to drink the whole thing as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. It has made an incredible difference in my quality of life.

It is so very important for us to stay hydrated, and drinking water is the best way to do that.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah I am still not good at drinking water right when I get up... I get too busy in the morning, but I need to do that. But I drink at least 100 oz a day for the past week or so.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I found water really good for giving up cigarettes too. A Dutch bloke suggested a glass of water every time I craved a ciggie and it worked x