Notices

who would like to talk?

Old 09-19-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

who would like to talk?

hello, im just looking for a good place to let go o some of the stress of my life. i hear forums really help since they allow for anonymous feelings and ideas. i have a drug problems with roxy's. I used to shoot them for a couple years but fell into a deep dark hole. i realized i needed to get back into college and turn my life around before it was to late. so i cleaned up my act and got back into school. im a junior whose double majoring in physics and engineering. despite my strive for life and my intelligence i picked back up my drug problem. this time i snot them. i hide my problem from almost everyone. i work two jobs and go to school with a severe drug problem. i cannot support myself financially because of my problem. i currently have enough self control to pay my school bill but thats it. everything else gets ignored. and i know damn well that things will get worse and i will not be able to pay for school. these little pills have retook control of my life. even though i know how demonic they are i cant stay away. i need help but dont want people looking down on me. ive kept it hidden my whole life. drug addicts have such a bad rep. its like people automatically assume if you have a drug problem than u are a horrible person.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know I heard somewhere that more intelligent people are more likely to suffer from addiction. Not sure why, but that's not unusual.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You've come to a great place for support stopping. It seems you have the right mind set. Do you have a plan to stop? Have you consulted a doctor to make sure you can withdraw safely?
Old 09-19-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that there are preconceived ideas about alcoholics and addicts, but reaching out here for support is a good idea.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Most schools and universities offer drug treatment programs for students. Don't be afraid to avail yourself to these services. They want to help you and make sure you are successful.

good luck!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks roarroar for starting a thread where I can post my current feelings . . . I've been 90 days maryjane free . . . then on the 7th (of Sept.) saw some people who I hadn't seen since the quit, and I said to myself "only today" . . . well, I'm still 12 days later fooling around with that crap in my head and in real life. I just want to cry.

[But on the bright side, I'm 116 days out of 117 days no alcohol (day 5 today).]
Old 09-19-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks guys, sorry had to go to work. and im honestly afraid to get help from my university. i dont want this addiction to follow me around. i might be stuck in a deep rut but will do everything i can to make it not stick with me forever. i dont know why i started back up. i dont feel strong enough to quit again. i know the pain i will go through. i make every excuse in the book... its sad.. can't help but cry at night like this when i contemplate my daily adventures, mistakes, and secrets...
Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome roarroar

I'd think about approaching the school thing again. Most Universities have help for this kind of thing. You won't be the first or the last...

getting help before it's too late is less likely to 'follow you around' than a full out publicn crash and burn will, yeah?

D
Old 09-19-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

roarroar, this is so sad I hope you find it in yourself to stop the miserable cycle... It's possible to stop, you know. You're strong enough and everything you need is within you already. This is a good site for support and information. We're here, keep reading and posting.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

yea i read it somewhere too. i believe it has something to do with a certain chemical lapse in the brain. all of our chemicals throughout the years differ depending on how we live our life. reading produces chemicals, drinking coffee produces others. the brain and body is quite an amazing thing. just wish we had more contol ovr it.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thank u guys. you do make people feel welcomed thts for sure. have u guys met many people with a lapse between addictions as long as a year and a half??
Old 09-19-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by roarroar View Post
. the brain and body is quite an amazing thing. just wish we had more contol ovr it.
We do. You have control over not picking up again and after that the possibilities over your mind and body are endless.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by roarroar View Post
thank u guys. you do make people feel welcomed thts for sure. have u guys met many people with a lapse between addictions as long as a year and a half??
Keep hanging around and reading. Many people have relapsed after a lot longer...