Notices

day 2

Old 09-18-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2

This is my first post. I am on day 2 without alcohol. This is my third time detoxing. I was drinking half a 1.75 liter per day for about a month last time and went through hell for at least a week. This time I saw it coming and knew I had to quit because I was only drinking after work but feeling anxiety at work and craving. I was off work at 7 and drinking by 7:10. Yesterday was first 24 hours and I was miserable with anxiety in fact anxiety was the only symptom. Today anxiety is better but still not comfortable in my own skin. I only have tomorrow off and then I have to be back to work. Long question short..since I am feeling much better today can I expect to feel even better tomorrow? Or is the worse to come? Sorry if I am not making a lot of sense I am really stressed and alone but feeling better than I expected.
Thanks
Old 09-18-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hard to tell but most likely better. Congrats on 2 days!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum jrhett55!!

Withdrawals can vary amongst people, mine pretty much got better with each day, but the first week was generally quite rough, and I too was in work, the best thing is to hang in there, the initial period has to be done to get to the better times, I found loads of fresh air and fluids very important to get through work!!

However if things get very rough or anything that you're concerned about, check in with a Dr, some withdrawals can be serious, so be safe!!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I work with the public plenty of anxiety without withdraw.
It has taken me three times to figure out I can't just have a few beers after work because
within and couple weeks it's vodka and misery..
Old 09-18-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi jrhett! I agree that the first week is rough - I felt better by Day 4 though.

I'm glad you realize it's not possible to have 'a few' now and then. I spent decades trying to use willpower to be a social drinker. It ended up in all day, every day drinking. I was miserable and sad, never high or happy. We don't need that poison in our lives. Glad to have you with us.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Its gets a lot better hang in there
Old 09-18-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I personally feel better after day 2. Day 2 sucks. No other way to put it. I have 15 days sober now and I feel like a whole different person.