Letting Go

Old 04-24-2002, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Letting Go

TODAY.....is a great day!! I have been reading my new books; Facing Love Addiction and Letting Go. I must say these are terrific books. They are helping me so much to understand myself and what I can do to turn my life around so I can live in peace and serenity.

I've finally realized that letting go doesn't mean the end it just means that you're giving YOURSELF the opportunity to live a healthy life. I'm also starting to
realize that the past shouldn't be something you regret, it's something you learn from. I don't regret a day of my life with my husband for that is how I got to where I am today.

I just got off the phone with him. He called me just after getting out of court. He had a attitude with me because according to him it's my fault that he had to go to court for failure to appear for child support. He again started asking why and what I was doing and with whom and wanted to know why we couldn't get back together. He also wanted to know if I would have lunch with him. I have been over and over this with him so I politely said no, I don't want to have lunch with you and your problems are your problems not mine. I'm not taking ownership of them anymore. In a polite way I said I had to hang up the phone and I did. The best part about it was I felt a sense of peace. I didn't feel sad, angry, or guilty. Wow....I feel great!

Just thought I would share with you guys.

Love,
Galnva
Old 04-24-2002, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I am so happy for you! You are feelin' the POWER!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

galnva- We sure do have a lot in common. Today I need to draw off your strength. Having one of those overwhelming days. Nice to see the getting part-
I've finally realized that letting go doesn't mean the end it just means that you're giving YOURSELF the opportunity to live a healthy life. I'm also starting to
realize that the past shouldn't be something you regret, it's something you learn from. I don't regret a day of my life with my husband for that is how I got to where I am today
Some days I get it more than others. Today just doesn't seem to be one of them, but I have to try really hard on those days and wanted to let you know your post is helping.
Thanks for being there.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks - Just Tired!!!

Cheryl - We all have our ups and downs. Some good some bad but what we have to remember is that we are all one step closer than yesterday to recovery!! If you haven't read those books that I mentioned earlier, then you should. I have gotten so much insight. It is unbelievable I just know they wrote it for or about me and my life.

I'm glad that I've helped you out. Do you know what the most important part of our body is?

Our shoulder!

Take Care and have a better day. Nothing left to do but Smile, Smile, Smile!!!!!!!!

Love,
Galnva