Just hanging in there.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just hanging in there.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I am so glad that I found this site. I have been reading the Quackers Thread and you cannot imagine how much that has helped me.
Tuesday night the ABF threw a big fit and basically told me that I didn't need to worry about him anymore and he didn't need me for anything. This is by phone.
Well, we were supposed to go out of town this weekend, but, since I didnt fall into the trap of calling or texting him Tues night or yesterday, I figured we werent going and oh well, that was ok with me too.
Well, this morning I get the text:
Him: Are you still mad at me honey?
Me: I wasnt mad at you, you were mad at me!!
Him: I love you too!!!! (??? He just threw that in there)
Him: Are we still going this weekend?
Me: Are you still taking me?
Him: Of course I am honey!!!! (Ha, there are still alot more hours between now and then, so we shall see.)
My whole point is that before reading the Quackers post, I probably would have been groveling like an idiot. But, guess what? Not this time. I am actually enjoying laughing at it all.
The Quackers Thread put alot of things in prospective and really makes you look at it all in a different light.
Thank you all so much, you have just made my day and I haven't laughed this much in a long, long time.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have to laugh at it sometimes, otherwise you'd cry all the time.

So do you still want to go this weekend?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh!!! He has been out of the house for almost 2 months and living with his sister. I go over there on the weekends but he won't pull his crap around her because he would fall off that pedestal she has him on. Any time we have gone out of town, his drinking is reduced by at least half because he will not drink and drive so there is no drinking until we get to the hotel which is usually around 8:oo in the evening. He is actually that great guy when we go somewhere like that. So I will probably go, but, I have already started detaching and my feelings are just not the same. I know we will never live together again and I guess that is why the detachment has started. And it feels good. I do still have my bad days, but they are farther and farther apart. I guess, at times, I just mourn for what could have been but will never be because he absolutely refuses to see that he has a problem and it WILL kill him one day. So saying all that, yes, I guess I do want to go one last time. But, I do know that this will be the last, so it is bittersweet, but my head is in a much better place and taking over thinking for my bleeding heart syndrome that I seem to have.