Notices

Alcohol Waits For Any Opportunity

Old 09-18-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol Waits For Any Opportunity

If you're happy and unguarded - alcohol waits for a chance to suggest a bit to celebrate. If you are angry or upset, it offers a quick solution. It jumps out at the store and it tries ANY WAY to get to you.
For me it took meetings at first to somehow have the urge lifted. Later habits became ingrained and I no longer saw alcohol - even when it was in front of me. It was like my brain just accepted that it didn't exist - somehow I turned off the part of me that wanted that instantaneous quelling.
So I am here - posting - to squash the voice that I let back into my life somehow.
Still - I'm two weeks back to my normal, sober life. I know the alcohol will become less and less powerful as I turn away from it.
How are you doing?
Beth
Old 09-18-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Good things do happened when I took the suggestion from many to KEEP COMING also. It’s a work in progress and sometimes comes slowly, we are rewarded with the benefits that arise.

BE WELL
Old 09-18-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The store is the worst for me. Especially when they have free whiskey samples there.

I found a way around it by just saying "no thanks, I can't have alcohol."

But lately I have been going at like 8:00 am and they aren't there yet. I don't get free food samples, but it's a small price to pay. :-)
Old 09-18-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's nice when the pull fades.....

Yet stories of many years sober folks who suddenly and inexplicably relapsed sort of haunt me....

Will it forever be lying in wait?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Free Owl,
I am one of those. I was sober ten years. Thankfully, my dabbling has been little and short lived. I wouldn't say it was quite a pull for me - I made a decision, stupidly, to dabble. I thought I was "better." Welp, I'm not. So back to my happy life. Kicking some dirt over that sh** and moving on
Beth
Old 09-18-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by gratitude28 View Post
Free Owl,
I am one of those. I was sober ten years. Thankfully, my dabbling has been little and short lived. I wouldn't say it was quite a pull for me - I made a decision, stupidly, to dabble. I thought I was "better." Welp, I'm not. So back to my happy life. Kicking some dirt over that sh** and moving on
Beth
My post of the day this will help me so much

im alcoholic for life i cant ever go back it scares the living daylights out of me

so glad your here grateful