Notices

hi im new and need help.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi im new and need help.

hi everyone
im a recovering herion addict, and on the thirteeth i made a year, the day after i made a year my boyfriend breaks up with me,. he blew up at me and i never really saw that part of him in our relationship. I really thought everything was going ok but in reality he told me the only reason he was with me was becasue i kept comming back. HE said some really hurtful things to me and i didnt know what to say or do, so i left. Im only saying this becasue i lost a home a twentynine year realtionship, and my 22 yr old daughter over him, now im alone in this world, starting over at 51 and living in a place i really dont want to live in but have to because i cant afford an apt on my own. we were suppose to get an apt together.
the hardest part of it all is that i loved him, and he will never know how he broke my heart. I did everything for him a woman could do for a man she loves and it just wasnt enough i was to dam good and i guess it got boring for him. Does the pain of a wounded birds wing ever heal. does life get any better in time. everyone warned me to get out of the relationship they could see right through him. they told me over and over again, but i didnt want to believe it. i wanted to prove them wrong that he did love me and that we were going to make it.
i relasped the day after i made a year becaise o thought it would make it eaier for me, but it only made things worst. now i need to pick my self up and
go on. theres plenty of men out there i could have a relationshiip with. i dont look my age, so im sure that will help me, but i dont think thats what i really want right now. my goal is to get a job and start working or going to a training. wish me luck on the job search , and i could use some advise as to what to do with the pain of giving everything up for someone that just used you and never loved u at all
Old 09-17-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My dad once told me that being alone was better than being treated badly. Welcome to the SR family.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im so sorry that he said such hurtful things

could you not get back in touch with daughter ?

really nice to meet you hello !
Old 09-17-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Recovered (You're not that far from me - in Cooperstown).

I'm glad you found us. This is a great place for encouragement and support. You're right, using again just makes everything harder on you. I'm glad you realize that. Good to have you join us. You're not alone.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome RH

Seriously, to me it sounds like you deserve way better.

When we learn to love ourselves I really think that puts out a different vibe to others...like attracts like.

Going back to getting high is no answer...the way needs to be forward not back

There's a lot of support and understanding here, and lot of people who'll make good friends.

I'm glad you found us

D
Old 09-18-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!