Notices

I need help

Old 09-16-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help

I looked online in my area but everything I seen was old. I need to find AA meeting where do I go ? I'm on the verge of losing my family and I'm in tears as I write this on my phone. Me and my gf moved into our apartment 5 months ago and I started drinking like a fish. To be honest I feel as if I have do everything I clean the house I cook and she does nothing . So i choose to drink and when I do I get mean about what she dosent do and how I do everything . Idk but she's about 2 take my child away from me when I do everything possible for the 2 of them.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Call your local AA hotline, find it at the link bellow if you don't have a local phone book. Nearly all of them are staffed 24/7 and they can get you the info you need

Alcoholics Anonymous : Find Local A.A.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AA.org, search your zip code and it gives you your districts hotline phone number. Try to take it easy and good luck.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I recommend you find the local office number and speak to them...get the latest info on where meetings are, foryoumyson.

No matter how hopeless it may look you really do have the power to turn this around.

I'm sure nothing is as important to you as your family.
Show that through your actions and efforts...

you can do this

D
Old 09-16-2014, 10:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What happened, foryoumyson? I know you have been trying to get sober for your kid. Like the others have said, make the phone call and get some help. It's not too late!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just drinking way to much it's ruining my life . I'm just a no good drunk right now that's all it stems down too. I need to make a drastic change I have to change my whole life around if I'm going to quit drinking. It's a now or never type of deal
Old 09-17-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows the meeting search coming?

D
Old 09-17-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do this. Do it for yourself first, and second your children. I have a7 year old son and am sober. So if I managed to pull this without going into details of how deep I was in my addiction, then so can you.

Rooting for you big time man.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do it
Old 09-17-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can do it. I might also suggest that I have found AA chat rooms on-line that offer meetings as well. I don't know if the forum allows me to put up a link, but do a search and you'll find them.

Posting on SR helps as well. Keep posting and know that you can do this! We are all behind you!

Old 09-17-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can do this. Have you thought you may need inpatient help?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Going to a meeting this weekend. And yea I do need impatient help but I can't afford to miss any work at all. Plus I need a new job that's another reason why I drink I believe . I bust my hump to make crap and get treated like crap .
Old 09-18-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Take a deep breath and slow down a bit. Is drinking making your life better? Is it making your relationships better? Is it improving your ****** job? It seems to me that you have many issues that drinking are making worse. Get all the help you need to stop. And once you learn how to handle life sober work on the relationship and the job. Just as an aside do you have any idea how frustrating it must be living with a drunk? Perhaps try to imagine yourself in her shoes for a moment. I find that a bit of empathy and compassion helps in my relations.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Get to a meeting in your area and seek out out-patient help. There are seveal programs that are FREE! They even offer free meds if you need help detoxing. You are not alone!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I can relate to you on this in several ways. I was in a marriage that was wholly one-sided where it came to housework, earning income, childcare, cooking, grocery shopping, EVERYTHING.

I had a full time job, cared for the kids and did all the other stuff of life while my then-wife sat around on the sofa facebooking and skype-ing and complaining and claiming depression.... Yes, she was depressed. But that doesn't change the fact that she did nothing to help and that I was overwhelmed with the burden of all of it, as well as caring for the kids and for her - effectively another kid.

For nearly three years I took it and took it and took it and when I did ask for help I just got anger in return. At first I bore it well... but then my frustrations stacked up and my tenedency as an alcoholic to medicate with booze kicked in when my reserves were all worn and full. The drinking of course didn't help, only added to my stress and exhaustion and gave her further ammunition for anger and depression.

That all led to divorce after she kidnapped the children. In the long run, that was the best thing that could have happened. It allowed me to get the hell away from an unhealthy relationship and focus on being the best me and the best father I could be.

I urge you to do the same; focus on GETTING YOU HEALTHY, whatever that takes. Even if it takes leaving the relationship and being on your own for a while. That can seem scary - but may be just the thing you really need. The core of your problem is alchohol.... but the stressors and burdens of day to day life and this relationship may be so intense that they will make it very difficult to break the cycle.

Get to AA... keep on posting... we're here for you
Old 09-18-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well I know my relationship sucks all we do argue and can't even talk god forbid. But I've told her I want to leave and she always throws my kid in my face telling me to leave and she'll get me for child support and I'll never see my son again and blah blah. I been trying to make this work for to long. I didn't drink as much untill we moved in together I feel as if I need to drink just to deal with her shes something evil I'll tell you. One day things will be so so so good . Then the next day she's a whole different person complaining about everything I do nothing I'm a lousy this and that . But the day before I'm superman and I'm the best this and that. I can't blame no one but myself for my drinking but this relationship I'm in is very toxic. I've been in a alcoholic daze for a while now but I really want to move on I don't really care for her anymore I mostly stuck around because of my son. I know if I go my own way it's going to be a battle just to see my son or anything . I'm just not happy and I haven't been happy in along time.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

First things first. Stop drinking. This will give you clarity of mind and enable you to make the right decisions on what needs to be done in your relationship. I would simply focus on this first step and speak to us for support. One step at a time. Things will go from bad to really bad if you keep turning to the bottle to deal with the aggravation your girlfriend is causing you. No drink, forum for support. Start now.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with maverickspirit.

We all have things we need to fix and some of them might seem more urgent than not drinking...but they're not.

I guarantee every other problem in your life will either get better or be seen in a different light with some continued recovery.

Have faith it'll work out. Make recovery your priority.

I did and it worked.
D