Notices

Cranky-pants Bunnez

Old 09-16-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cranky-pants Bunnez

I have been in a crank for the last few days.

Sunday I blogged about my niece's B-day party and how I was having a tough time dealing with the drinking attendees. I ended up leaving the party a little early, I had basically had enough social time. Think that started my mood.

Yesterday I got more news about my unemployment...its been a merry-go-round with IDES since July. Long story short, its been a pain in the *ss, but hopefully its close to being resolved.

I'm looking for work back in my field, that has been frustrating, too.

The worst part of this is, that this could all be so much worse. I know I will get a job, I'm not broke and my supportive parents will never let me be broke or lose my home, and I have so much to be grateful for. Really, I have everything I need right now.

Why do I get into these stupid funks? I really haven't vented too much about it in meetings because when I listen to myself (like now), I sound like a spoiled brat. I feel like the character "Red" from The New Orange is Black, with her angry red hair (and yes, I have red hair).

That's all for now, thx for listening to Cranky Bunnez
Old 09-16-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We all have a run of off days, for example I couldn't wait for last week to finish at work as it was just frustrating me!!

I guess that's the way it goes sometimes, we just need to ride it out, tomorrow is a new day!!

"Cranky" maybe . . . but still Sober, hang in there!!
Old 09-16-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's pretty usual to have up-and-down moods in early recovery, so just be kind to yourself. I think part of the issue for us, is simply getting used to dealing with life and moods without benefit of alcohol. It's challenging, but you're doing great. And, you are blessed to have supportive parents.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

our moods are like the weather.... ever-changing, they come and go and breeze and blow.

sometimes when I'm in a funk, I make an extra effort to find One Good Thing and focus on that.

Because invariably, One Good Thing Leads To Another.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Least your sober bunnez
Old 09-16-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm not drinking over it. Actually getting my hair did now, always makes Jill feel better ...or at least prettier!

This, too, shall pass, with fireworks.

Bunnez