Notices

exodus dilemna

Old 09-15-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ayo

exodus dilemna

I am an opiate addict from the northeast USA. Two years ago I moved to a village in Northern Alaska. The decision to relocate was borne out of a desire to completely seperate myself from the drug scene. I have found peace of soul and mental clarity in my new surroundings, however, I've come to understand a drawback to living in such a remote locale is the absence of a fellowship of recovering addicts.

I like people who dare to be different and who aren't afraid to express themselves. Addicts can easily fit that bill, for better or worse. I have certain ideas about recovery that I think need to be challenged so that I can finally meet myself.

And I only like to tell the good news.

Hello and good day to all.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR ayo

D
Old 09-15-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello
Old 09-15-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome to SR! I hope you'll hang around -- this is a great community with a wide diversity of members and a lot of different ideas on recovery.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

IF we can help from here, we will. Good thing is, this place is 24/7/365. Whenever you need help.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As long as you have internet you have a great community right here in SR! So welcome, ayo! It's great to have you with us.

I greatly envy you the move to AK! I have long dreamt of moving there myself. Perhaps I couldn't live there for my whole life but it would be great for a couple years or so. Camping and hiking is something I live for and I love the outdoors. Alaska is so beautiful! So much great fishing, hunting and hiking up there. The solitude would be nice, too.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ayo

thank you all

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
As long as you have internet you have a great community right here in SR! So welcome, ayo! It's great to have you with us.

I greatly envy you the move to AK! I have long dreamt of moving there myself. Perhaps I couldn't live there for my whole life but it would be great for a couple years or so. Camping and hiking is something I live for and I love the outdoors. Alaska is so beautiful! So much great fishing, hunting and hiking up there. The solitude would be nice, too.
I think part of why I like living in this part of the country is because it seems like so many people who want to "start a new life" naturally end up migrating here, and it makes for an interesting mix
Old 09-16-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ayo View Post
I like people who dare to be different and who aren't afraid to express themselves. Addicts can easily fit that bill, for better or worse.
Ayo, there are many non-addicts who aren't afraid to express themselves. I also like mavericks, but I focus on the sober mavericks. Addicted mavericks tend to shine bright for a short period of time and then burn-out completely. Or they decide to get sober.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and it's so good to embrace new places and people.