Notices

Well, that sucked

Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One bad mombre.

Well, that sucked

I had a bad weekend. I won't go into details because I end up feeling like "my problems" aren't as important as "other people's problems" and then I feel like a whiny baby for even complaining about my life. Suffice it to say, I was a huge ball o' stress all weekend. Last night I even told myself I could buy a bottle of wine and a pack of cigarettes on the way home from work today.

When I woke up this morning I realized how stupid that would be. I *did* buy the cigarettes, but I somehow managed to crush the near-relapse. I know cigarettes may very well kill me one day, but they will NOT cause me to crash my car or lose my job, so baby steps.

I'm still feeling stressed, but a bit better, and I didn't have to reset my sobriety counter app.

Laura
Old 09-15-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Laura, well done on saying no to the wine!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I quit smoking! And you can as well! It is hard yes, but if I can do it, you can as well. Smoking and drinking would go hand in hand... smoke one, pound a drink and smoke another.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One bad mombre.

I know I'll quit smoking for good when the time is right. I tend to try to do too much too soon, and right now I need to focus on staying sober before I can tackle my other demons.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLaura View Post
I know I'll quit smoking for good when the time is right. I tend to try to do too much too soon, and right now I need to focus on staying sober before I can tackle my other demons.
I hear ya... I quit smoking cigs, mj, and drinking all at the same time. That was a mistake and I think it caused me to relapse...
Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't do too much, too soon, Laura.

VERY awesome that you made it through the weekend without relapsing, and VERY good you didn't buy any hooch today! WAY TO GO, GIRL!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It looks like the emergency exit worked. I still smoke and I know I will quit one day but one addiction at a time. You can do this. Words from a famous movie " I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue" lol.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
quat

Great job on the wine , that is definately gonna build you some sober muscle!
Stay in your comfort zone for building those muscles, if harm reduction is a concern I say try vaping or ecigs, you can use them to 'taper' off nicotine easier than reducing cigs by count, they sell different levels of nicotine mixes. It takes a few days to get used to , but once you get off the analog(paper) cigs , I doubt you would want to go back. I smoked since 17 and for fifteen years just premium cigars, so I was fussy and liked my tobacco, been vaping for over a year and I cant imagine using combustibles ever again
Old 09-15-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Attack your cigarette addiction when you feel strong enough.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trudgin

SL - GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Sounds like you worked through the process of if A ( I don't drink ) then B ( All the jazz that I did and they way I felt won't occur) made sense to you! Instead of A+B+C+D+E-F-G leads to the dark......

Awesome gal - well struck - stay in the light it's so much better.
Thanks for the post = hope for all!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Laura, good for you to realize you don't need the wine! And....don't underestimate your problems. This board is here for all and it's not a competition. If you are stressed for whatever reason and need to vent, that is why we are all here to support you! Don't ever feel like your problems have to reach a high on the bad meter.

I am having a crap day just b/c I did not sleep well last night. No big reason, but it sure has made me feel horrible today.

I hope you attack those cigs soon too!

Big Hugs!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad you didn't drink last night.

I know how hard it can be to quit smoking. I finally fought that last fight with the nasty things.... but then drinking brought me back to 'em!!

That said - they've been gone from my life now longer than alcohol has and I never even think about a smoke. Terrible habit that I'm baffled I partook of for decades. The thought now disgusts me.

You'll get there.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there Laura!! 1 step at a time!!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

laura do you know how good you made me feel by reading that post

thank you keep on keeping on