Notices

I took a Oxycodone the other day and have a UA

Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I took a Oxycodone the other day and have a UA

Let me preface this OP with some background on me.

Due to my second DWI (9 years to the week in Sep. '12 after my first one) I am on probation and have been on random UAs for the last year.

Drugs abuse has never been my thing - have no history of use or abuse; alcohol is my drug of choice.

Anyway, I have been sober for about 6 weeks now after numerous slips, in- and out-patient treatment in the last year, and I'm in in-patient treatment at the moment.

I've been doing good, but the last couple weeks the most excruciating pain I've maybe ever had happened last week, when my back moler tooth started to bother me. We're talking extreme pain. I was popping Ibuprofren left and right, like candy, to no avail, and when I went to a general doctor on Friday they gave me a shot which alleviated the pain for an hour or two, and then it came back again.

So...on Friday I took a couple Oxycodone my father had and it dealt with the pain that day, haven't took one since, haven't even thought of taking anymore, but of course my color was called today and I have to do a UA tomorrow.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this? I didn't for a second think about getting high or loaded when I took the pills, and I have never had an addiction to benzos or other meds in the past..

Concerned.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it depends on a few things - the kind of testing they are doing (some are more sensitive than others) and how much you took, but oxycodone typically stays in your urine for 3 to 4 days.

If you only took a couple, and they were low dose such as the 5mg, I think there is a good chance they may not show, but I do not know. Can you just be honest with them? I'm not sure the ramifications for you on the test but tooth pain is horrendous, I think most would agree.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can you get to a dentist? That's where you need to be. A general doctor can't help tooth pain, and it isn't going to go away on its own.

If you go, you can get a doctor's note explaining the pain - but the oxy was an illegal consumption so I hope there is some way around that for you. Doubt the dentist would prescribe oxy.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not sure what to do now.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It may be out of your hands at this point, Amnesiac. Just try to go with it, whatever happens with the legal system is really out of your control right now. What's done is done.

It will all work for your good, that much I know for sure.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well if they violate me I am a felon and I already have said I'm going to give up and I'm just going to go on the street and drink myself to death. I just won't give a **** anymore if they make me a felon.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely see a Dentist - this pain is not going to go away.

I'd see a Dr too - get documentation that you have a legitimately bad tooth and that you're trying to get it fixed.

Taking the oxy was a mistake, but you'll have to stand behind that decision now, Amnesiac.

Like others have said, I don't think there's much you can do about this test.
I hope you pass.

PS don't let the AV run the show. You know as well as I do there's no point in you taking to the streets and drinking yourself to death no matter what happens...

best wishes
D
Old 09-14-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Being a felon is not the end of the world.

Many people lead full, productive lives who are felons.

I'm with Dee, don't let this one mistake define the rest of your life. Use it to become better.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

As others have mentioned, see a dentist, you need to get that tooth sorted!!

Moving forward, don't take medication not prescribed for you, as that has caused this issue, maybe your Dr/dentist can give you something to confirm you're having tooth trouble and you are receiving treatment for it!!

Breath, don't panic over something before it happens, that's not going to help the situation!!

Hang in there!!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Co-sign

im with D aswell
Old 09-14-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Start drinking water NOW. Drink all you can can without hurting yourself between now and the test. It will flush out your system and give you a chance in case any traces of the drug are still in you. The only thing that will get you clear is to get your body to produce lots and lots of urine, flush the stuff out of your system.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It depends on how many you took, really. It might not show if it was a very low dose. If you exercise, even better. Water and sweating will help remove the toxics from your body.
As far as being a felon goes, it's not the end of the world. I know a few convicted felons who own businesses, make 6 figure incomes and live very productive lives. Making a mistake shouldn't prevent you from doing the same, you know? If you feel sorry for yourself , that won't really help your situation...I say, accept what happened, realize the mistake you made, see a dentist and if you do test positive - explain yourself! Not all PO's are ready to close the book on you. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you talk to your dr and/or dentist and get some written confirmation about the pain and you can try to explain your reason for taking the drugs.

I wish you well.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Try not to freak out!! I am going through my first DUI and I just started probation and I have been so filled with anxiety over it but I am trying to take it one day at a time and believe it will get better as long as I reach out for help-which it sounds like you are doing too. If this helps-a guy in my DUI group counseling who is on probation for a 2nd one- was randomly tested last week and failed because he had smoked marijuana. He was honest with his PO and he told our group that he just was ordered to attend more counseling, has extended probation and will be tested more frequently. As long as he continues to comply he won't get resentenced or anything. Hang in there.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Definitely see a Dentist - this pain is not going to go away.

I'd see a Dr too - get documentation that you have a legitimately bad tooth and that you're trying to get it fixed.

Taking the oxy was a mistake, but you'll have to stand behind that decision now, Amnesiac.

Like others have said, I don't think there's much you can do about this test.
I hope you pass.

PS don't let the AV run the show. You know as well as I do there's no point in you taking to the streets and drinking yourself to death no matter what happens...

best wishes
D
Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Being a felon is not the end of the world.

Many people lead full, productive lives who are felons.

I'm with Dee, don't let this one mistake define the rest of your life. Use it to become better.
I'm emotionally, mentally, physically drained after the last few years of hard drinking. Spiritually I was beginning to heal with this past couple months starting to get sober, but I'm just a weak individual. I guess I just have to let God take care of it at this point.

Originally Posted by NorMar View Post
Start drinking water NOW. Drink all you can can without hurting yourself between now and the test. It will flush out your system and give you a chance in case any traces of the drug are still in you. The only thing that will get you clear is to get your body to produce lots and lots of urine, flush the stuff out of your system.
Right now what I want to do is drink a couple gallons of water, tea, pickle juice and everything, but even chugging water has become painful.

I'm thinking about not going in today and saying I didn't call yesterday and maybe go in in a couple days. I don't know if I can get enough fluids in me because as I said even that has become painful.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

The pickle juice thing is just a myth. Had friends try to use it to mask drug tests, nope. Water, pure water will flush you as well as anything. Try a 8 oz glass every 30 minutes. Just keep those kidneys pumping.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Amnesiac, please be careful on water consumption. Carefully research how much is safe. I would suggest to alternate with Gatorade or something with salt (hence the pickle juice, probably) - too much water without enough balancing electrolytes can harm - even kill you.

I don't even believe you can fool a drug half-life. But I do know too much water is bad.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think you can fool a drug half life either but I'm not a chemist...but more than a couple of litres of water a day may be too much.

Don't overdo it.

Get that documentation if you need it...you may not - who knows

D
Old 09-15-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Amnesiac, please take what I'm about to say with the love I intend. I'll give you my look at this. You know youre an alcoloholic. you know you had mandatory UAs. Could it be the AV (Addictive Voice) encouraging you to take drugs that would cause a positive drug test, without a doctors note for it so you could throw up your hands and have a "good reason" to continue to drink? My AV could always find these sneaky, BS things to give me permission to drink. it's all BS. When we are alcoholic, the addiction does not want us to quit killing ourselves. it will go to any length to keep us drinking.

Please think about this. felons get on with Life. alcoholics will get on with drinking unless we take some help. Rational Recovery works for me.

so, take the advice here, see your dentist for the dental pain and get it treated. I don't know if you have mitigating circumstances here the court might consider. you did get a shot from a doctor so there should be record of that. might be worth discussing with an attorney.

Love from Lenina
Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I fessed up today in out-patient about the use of the opiod this last weekend. I asked if it was a "slip" (or relapse, or whatever) and when I was clear about the use my counselor said no, it wasn't a slip.

We do random UAs in this outpatient treament as well and we've been doing them quite regularly since I started a few weeks ago. Well sure enough they were there yesterday and we had to UA, so when we did weekend check-ins I told everyone.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Get that documentation if you need it...you may not - who knows

D
My counselor said to get documentation of my visit to the doctor. I also have set up another appointment with a dentist yesterday. Maybe they would prescribe me something or not.

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Amnesiac, please take what I'm about to say with the love I intend. I'll give you my look at this. You know youre an alcoloholic. you know you had mandatory UAs. Could it be the AV (Addictive Voice) encouraging you to take drugs that would cause a positive drug test, without a doctors note for it so you could throw up your hands and have a "good reason" to continue to drink? My AV could always find these sneaky, BS things to give me permission to drink. it's all BS. When we are alcoholic, the addiction does not want us to quit killing ourselves. it will go to any length to keep us drinking.

Please think about this. felons get on with Life. alcoholics will get on with drinking unless we take some help. Rational Recovery works for me.

so, take the advice here, see your dentist for the dental pain and get it treated. I don't know if you have mitigating circumstances here the court might consider. you did get a shot from a doctor so there should be record of that. might be worth discussing with an attorney.

Love from Lenina
What you said is exactly what I've thought of before, honest.

But the thing is, I've had a quarter or third of a traveler in my chest of drawers since I last drink (7-29) and have not touched.

The pain was so severe that I thought about getting another traveler but didn't. Actually I haven't really craved my vodka for some time. I don't know if it's because I do my devotions now regularly every day or the ultimatum that now if I don't stay sober I violate and will be a felon.

Nevertheless at my age (34) I haven't been sober this long (50 days today) probably since I was 18. It's been a good experience. I'd hate to get violated when I'm stronger in my recorvery than ever.

I do know though that I have fleeting thoughts of getting lit up, so as always it really is one day at a time.