Notices

What Is The Secret?

Old 07-23-2004, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post What Is The Secret?

Is There Some Sort Of Secret To Being A Member Here? Just Curious...i Have Posted A Couple Of Messages...questions And No Reply. Am I Doing Something Wrong? New Here And Don't Really Know Where To Start. I Have Not Been Through Treatment. I Have Decided To Try It On My Own. Any Suggestions?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Bridge
Is There Some Sort Of Secret To Being A Member Here? Just Curious...i Have Posted A Couple Of Messages...questions And No Reply. Am I Doing Something Wrong? New Here And Don't Really Know Where To Start. I Have Not Been Through Treatment. I Have Decided To Try It On My Own. Any Suggestions?
Hi again! Not everyone needs treatment.
Tell us a bit about yourself.
What's your poison? Whatever it may be, people here will have experience and hope to share with you. The gand will find you, have no fear! Coming up on 8 AM eastern. Won't be long! I suggest you keep this thread going and share a little bit about yourself.
Glad you're here
Old 07-23-2004, 05:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gold Member

(((((((((((((((huggys and welcome))))))))). Just keep posting and at one time or another something will click. I'v been here a while and sometimes I still do not get a reply. I take as no one has at that moment anything in common or going through the same thing I am at that moment. Glad your here and I think you did great by posting what your needs are today
Old 07-23-2004, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Bridge,
Like Dan said tell us a little about yourself and keep posting, lots of people to help you.
Indigo
Old 07-23-2004, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

Hey bridge welcome!!!!! my name is mike and I'm an addict. You have discovered the secret, your are a member here when you say you are its that simple. As far as suggestions all I can share is what has helped me stay clean and sober for these past 7+ months and for me it has been surrounding myself with recovery, including going to meetings NA and AA, reading recovery literature, and spending a lot of time here with my family at SR. I still have lots to learn just like everyone else. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and learning from you as well, hope you find what you need here
Old 07-23-2004, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face Welcome!

Hello there, Bridge. I am Laura, recovering alkie/pothead. I have to admit I am not sure I have seen any of your previous posts, but I saw this one! I spend a lot of time on this site too, 'cause my job has a lot of free time to stare at the computer.

As far as suggestions about how to do this thing on your own--get some help!!! I tried to quit on my own numerous times, and was never successful. Now, through a residential treatment center, lots of AA, and the grace of my Higher Power, I have been clean and sober for five months and 3 days. Alcohol and drug addiction is a mean, ugly disease, and as with any disease, it is not something that most people can conquer on their own. I hope I don't seem too preachy. I just have very strong feelings on this subject and want everyone suffering from addiction to have the best chance for recovery. And besides, you asked!!

Keep posting. People will get to know you--

Best of luck. My prayers are with you!
Old 07-23-2004, 07:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Bridge and welcome, I haven't come to the newcomers board for a while. I'm, Cindy and I'm an addict. Please hang around and I'm sure the more you post the more replies you'll get. Sure it gets a little slow now and then but it is a great recovery fellowship. I have met some wonderful people here.

WELCOME
Old 07-23-2004, 08:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Headed in the right direction.

welcome

HI Bridge,
Be patient with us all! Share some about where you are at in life, why you are here, your weakness and your strengths. It will be nice to get to know you. :sad6: sorry if you felt ignored. It wasn't on purpose.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still hangin` on...

Welcome Bridge!!!!!!!!
Keep coming--good people here--we`re not all that bad...........sorry
Annie
Old 07-23-2004, 11:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

welcome Bridge~ tell us what is going on with you. Hugs-alice
Old 07-23-2004, 11:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Bridge
Is There Some Sort Of Secret To Being A Member Here?
yes but don't tell anyone *LOL* (no secret)
There are many areas to this site. Some get visits more then others.
Most likly cause for no reply could be by the time people showed up to reply, the message list was long and your post maybe wasn't seen. Other reason is ... a person who can relate to what you may of asked about wasn't around at the time.
I Have Not Been Through Treatment. I Have Decided To Try It On My Own. Any Suggestions?
trying it on your own can work but trying it with support from others does work better. I have been told a time or two... work smart rather then work hard. With the support of others the journey and load is lighter.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Bridge

If you go back and read your previous posts, you will see that there are replies, so maybe you haven't looked or perhaps because they weren't replied to right at the time you posted you may think there are no replies.

Sometimes it takes a while for someone to see the post and reply.

But you sure are welcome and there is no secret handshake here, LOL.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-24-2004, 05:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Smile (((( Bridge ))))

You click your heels together 3 times and say I wish ....oh sorry wrong secret and it sure didnt work for Judy ... :sad6: anyways welcome again glad you are with us ! Trish
Old 07-24-2004, 12:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Bridge
I'm Rowan, alcoholic. Welcome! I look forward to reading your posts - this is a
wonderful site, just keep posting. I'm glad you're here. Keep coming back.
Love Rowan
Old 07-24-2004, 08:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Bridge, I'm Marty - Alcoholic. Welcome!!
Old 07-24-2004, 10:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Bridge
Welcome Aboard, Kellie here...alcoholic
Old 07-25-2004, 03:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome Bridge,

This is a great place. Just keep posting..Looking forward to getting to know you.
Lin
Old 07-26-2004, 01:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Chy

Belated welcome Bridge!
No secret, sometimes threads and posts are happening so fast in a day, the new threads get pushed down and not seen. So keep posting!
Old 07-26-2004, 02:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Another belated welcome Bridge! I'm Ann, alcoholic and addict. I'm still waiting for my Captain America Secret Decoder Ring

Just give us time to reply....... sometimes ppl just aren't online.

As Ann said, check your posts...... you'll find replies.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Bridge ..I've been off this site for quite a while ...lost again!...I have been through Treatment/Rehab .....it worked well for a while ..but ...the only real place to find freedom from it all is in the AA rooms and meetings ..and right here where true friends are made .....good luck ...you have helped Me with your courage!
Many Thanks
Joe