Notices

making changes

Old 09-13-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

making changes

Ive heard people say "dont make changes too early" but I cant help myself. Im a single guy, I dont have anyone relying on me, so im going to make a big change. I currently work shift work, and hate my job with every ounce of my body. I have a hard time getting in the car to go there, and this has been going on for over a year. Its shift work, so I rotate shifts from days to nights...its so bad for your body. Even on my days off in between, I cant sleep...i never get normal sleep (part of the reason I drink). I feel like this is a calculated risk, and something that makes sense (as long as I have a good plan)

My plan, is I talked to my brother and asked him if he'd take me in for a few while I try and get my life together. Planning on working an odd job up there to get by, while I study to pass my Personal training test...I have all the study material, now I just need to apply myself (which is difficult to do, especially with how screwed up i feel in these early stages of recovery). My current job pays really well...but its all for nothing for me...I could care less if I was homeless at the current moment, thats how ****** things have been. Personal training is one of the few things I could actually see myself doing and enjoying, so screw it, im going to go for it. Wish me luck
Old 09-13-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you think you need a change go for it, just don't burn your bridge at your current job give them two weeks notice just in case.. Good luck on your journey
Old 09-13-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, well...it's your life.

I wouldn't expect to make bank anytime soon with a personal trainer cert. Just sayin. I've been around the fitness industry for years and most of them keep their day job for quite a while. It's not easy to make a living as a PT. Lots of competition.

I know. Buzzkill. Thing about early recovery is we aren't thinking very clearly. I hope you make it work!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Oh, well...it's your life.

I wouldn't expect to make bank anytime soon with a personal trainer cert. Just sayin. I've been around the fitness industry for years and most of them keep their day job for quite a while. It's not easy to make a living as a PT. Lots of competition.

I know. Buzzkill. Thing about early recovery is we aren't thinking very clearly. I hope you make it work!
Not planning on making bank. Need a job i dont want to shoot myself on the way there and that I can be sober and sleep