Trying new things

Old 07-22-2004, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trying new things

This past week I went to an Al-Anon meeting. This was meeting number 26. I did something I have never done before. They asked if anyone else wanted to share and my hand went flying up in the air. My sponsor said that I wanted to share because the chair person did not see my hand and some were laughing. She asked what happened and they said do it agaqin. So I did I raised my hand quickly. 19 people were there and I don't like big groups of people and they all looked at me and were laughing but it was a good laughing. I turned very red but I still shared. I have never volunteer for anything in my meetings before. That was a big surprise to myself and to all in the meeting. I don't know what got into me. But I am glad I did volunteer and the group appreciated me sharing, too. I have been having a great week ever since the meeting. I am so happy about everything even my new job.
Love
Shana
Old 07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Renee

Good for you!!! It takes courage to share for the first time, but once we do it feels sooo good.

Live meetings add so much to our recovery, and I'm glad that yours are going so well.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-23-2004, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

[B]Great job! You did good for your self and it paid off. Keep it up and your sun will be up for you alot. Give your self a HUGE hug for all of us ok. Again, KEEP up the good work.
Hugs, Gemini
Old 07-23-2004, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Shana
I guess I haven't been reading enough or you posting. Congrats on the new job. I knew you would get one. Hats off to you girl. I went to a meeting today and there were only about 9 there and I passed. Actually I thought of you at the meeting because I was trying to remember if I was on meeting 8 or 9 and couldn't remember but I think it is 9. I had wondered how many you were at now. The subject was change. I guess trying new things works for you. Glad to hear you are doing good. I'll have to try and follow your example next week. Good going. Take care.
ChillGal
Old 07-23-2004, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Shana

I love your quote! I think I've been fighting the negetive committee all day today. Congratulations for having a good week and for taking a step forward.

Marci
Old 07-23-2004, 06:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks everyone. I will give myself a big hug like you said gemini32. I did have a great week. I started my new job today it is okay. I have to work the next 4 days and do band too. I little stressed at the moment. Chillgal don't get down on yourself fo not sharing. Everyone shares at different time. Just follow your heart. That is what i did. I hope i can keep my good week going. For the next 6 weeks I can't go to meetings because of band and work so I will be there when I can.
Love,
Shana