Notices

Junk Food

Old 09-11-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Junk Food

Well, I've made not drinking my #1 priority and I've had a great week overall. I've worked out, felt good, spent time with the kids, gotten everyone everywhere... but I've been eating crap. Trying not to beat myself up over it, but by the same token, I am already heavier than I've been and annoyed. I want to start making some better choices.
Beth
Old 09-11-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure how long you've been sober, but historically my first few weeks weren't even worth gauging weight loss.

For me, everything was off. I would gain weight one week and lose the next. When I had about a month sober I started seeing consistency.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I ate a lot of junk at first and still lost weight.

I wanted chocolate then salty then chocolate. It calms down after a bit. Indulge for a while and then move off it.

Eating fruit has helped my sweet tooth. Love grapes! I get the had to mouth snack obsession without eating chips or corn chips. Popcorn is good too.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yeah, fruit is great. I still treat myself to the odd bit of naughty stuff but have to watch my cholesterol. xxx
Old 09-11-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me it was junk food as well. Could be the body craving sugar. It will pass. Great job. Keep it up.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep, I get a terrible sweet tooth too. That is a common symptom in early sobriety as your metabolism and body adjust to no alcohol. Mine passed in about a month. Good luck
Old 09-11-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MnEman View Post
Yep, I get a terrible sweet tooth too. That is a common symptom in early sobriety as your metabolism and body adjust to no alcohol. Mine passed in about a month. Good luck
Without getting all scientific and that jazz. This is what I would say. Except mine took about two months to pass. I think because I let it take that long.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One thing at a time, Beth. Quitting drinking is a big step. Focus on that. Your cravings for junk food will pass in a few weeks and you can focus on those other aspects of your health.

You've got this!
Old 09-11-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I stopped drinking and promptly started over eating . 5 weeks sober, I am just reigning it in this week. If I don't have the first bite of sugar, Im fine, but like with drinking if I have one piece of junk food, I just about binge on it. My sweet cravings are now taken care of by smoothies ( berries, watermelon, yoghurt, milk, oats seeds, nuts)... yum yum yum.