Having a tough night

Old 09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a tough night

It's just been one of those days. I feel like I'm trying so hard to make everything work and I just keep getting shot down. I met with my attorney to draft the divorce paperwork today. Stbxah and I had come to an agreement on everything a few weeks ago or so I thought. I verified with him again a few days ago just to make sure nothing changed. I get home tonight and reiterate everything we agreed on that will be in the parenting plan and he pretends like we never agreed on anything. Why why why does it have to be so difficult? I know he was drinking tonight so I'm sure that is where it's coming from. Sober he is very agreeable and reasonable. He finally conceded and said he would agree to it the way it is but we will see.

Then stupid me agrees to being the coach of my daughters softball team this season. As if I don't have enough going on. None of the other parents would step up so I did because I didn't want them disbanding the team. Our first practice was tonight and I was criticized by some of the parents for some of the drills I was doing. I spent hours researching drills and coaching since I have never done it before. I just feel like I am giving 150% to everything and failing at it all. I'm praying that better days are ahead.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's so cool that you're coaching your daughter's team! I think that'll be such a memorable experience for both of you, even if it is a LOT of extra work. Sorry the other parents were giving you a hard time though. That sounds really aggravating. I hope the other parents keep their traps shut next time.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, divvy the team up into drill teams and let the judges get busy helping!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. What a long day. Hugs!
Old 09-11-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes Codejob I would love to do that except the "judges" sit in the dugout and criticize and refuse to help. It's just me on the field with the 9 kids.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good for you for stepping up and volunteering to coach your daughter's team.

I have been involved with a worthy service organization for almost 4 years now, and I can truly empathize with your regarding some of the insensitive things people often say.

When someone approaches me with the " ya know what you should be doing?" advice/suggestions, I try to enlist them. I don't care how far fetched their idea or suggestion is, I ask them if they are willing to put their ideas in writing and present them at our next board meeting. 9 out of 10 times they truly are not interested in contributing any value, they simply want to bitch, and make noise. I have learned not to take their comments serious. Best to be a duck, and let it roll right off of you.

There truly are two types of people, their are those who step up and actually DO something, and then there are the sayers, they all just lip service, blah, blah, blah.

Truly hope you find coaching to be a rewarding experience, and what great memories you are creating for you and your daughter. Try not to let the negative comments take away from what you are currently doing, keep the focus on the team, and enjoy this opportunity!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have "closed" practices.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Don't let the nay-sayers get the better of you! You were the only one to step up and take on the coaching position. The next time they say something to you, respond with "I am so glad you feel that way! Next practice, you can run the drills and we will try your suggestions". Guarantee it will shut them up. I dislike how some parents think they know everything! Kudos to you for helping your daughter's team!