Notices

Day 30

Old 09-10-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 30

Hi Everyone,
Well I check off day 30 yesterday! It's been some ups and downs, especially the last few days. In fact, earlier this week, I wondered if I would make it to 30, even though I was so close.

But I did. Here I am. And I intend to keep this up. I hope it continues to get better.

Thanks to all you folks out there for constant support, wisdom, advice and just some laughs when I needed it!

Old 09-10-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lola23, congratulations on 30 days, that's a real accomplishment. I think the ups and downs you mentioned are pretty normal. I experienced strong urges to drink for 2-3 months before they subsided or turned into less of an urge and more of a nostalgia for drinking.
Again, congrats on your milestone!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

well done lola
Old 09-10-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Brilliant!!! Well done, Lola, especially after the last few trying days! Now you KNOW you can do it and you're that much stronger.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm 30 days sober today too! Congrats, Lola!

For the longest time, I wasn't sure that I would get here. I used to get this really restless feeling that something needed to change or I just wouldn't make it.

I'm so happy and thankful that I've gotten here! I got pretty stressed out about life in general yesterday, and a month ago, I would have been felt the strongest urge to have a drink to get rid of that feeling. But I didn't feel it yesterday. For me, drinking had become such a habit to deal with so many little things. I know that it takes about three weeks to develop a habit, and I know that I'm starting to develop new healthy habits that don't involve alcohol.

Right now, the only thing that I feel as a trigger is going out to eat. I haven't actually gone to a restaurant since I've gotten sober, and I just have such an association between going out to eat and having a drink or two. I'll be going out tomorrow, so I think that will be my first test!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep it going Lola!! 30 Days is fantastic!!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome Inflagrante!! Let's celebrate!! I'm going with my favorite drink -- Pellegrino and 100% cranberry juice (tart!). Cheers!!

Going out to eat was tough for me too...but after the first couple of times I did it, I was better off than I expected to be. I actually looked around and noticed that a LOT of people weren't drinking! Surprise surprise. There were plenty of people at a nice restaurant having sparkling water, tea, or whatever else.

What helped for me is when the waiter came over to get drink orders, I'll get sparkling water with a splash of something...cranberry, lemonade, whatever I feel like at the moment. It feels a little more special than just regular water.

Let us know how tomorrow goes.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Lola - you too Inflagrante

D