Notices

Just checking in

Old 09-10-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

Hey guys, just thought I'd stay in touch. Having some cravings, I'm trying to do a lot at once I think, quit smoking, drinking, lose weight, so sometimes it all becomes a bit much.

It's pretty much set my nerves to razors. Work has been made worse, I got in trouble last week because I mixed up my shifts, see I work shifts and my shifts are always changing and I mixed up one tuesday with another tuesday. It was the day after my brother was hospitalised so I think that along with withdrawal left my head in tatters.

So I got an angry phone call, apolagised, explained and showed up around 40 minutes late. Despite never being late and never missing a shift before (quite a feat for a drunk), I was told I was on my final warning (there was no first warning for being late or otherwise). So It's changed my view of my workplace to somewhere I worry about. I'm looking for other places but it's not helping stuff.

Sometimes it all gets too much and I just walk around to try and pull my thoughts together, shake the fog from my head and stop my AV from taking over.

But I'm keeping it together, just about. One step at a time.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are doing great to me thomas. One day at a time. You said it...

Keep pushung through, we are here for you.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are dealing with a lot. Sounds like you are doing great. Just remember to be kind to yourself.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomasthetank View Post
Hey guys, just thought I'd stay in touch. Having some cravings, I'm trying to do a lot at once I think, quit smoking, drinking, lose weight, so sometimes it all becomes a bit much.
Maybe it is a bit to much.

My goal for the first year was to remain sober. I didn't try to do anything other then remain sober one day a time.

Don't set yourself up for failure. I can do this very easily if I put to many things on my plate.

First things first. Get sober for awhile and then worry about the rest.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there Thomas, it all gets a bit easier with time!!