Notices

Tomorrow is day 160! Passed a big test this weekend

Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is day 160! Passed a big test this weekend

Had the 25th annual seafood fest this weekend in Hampton New Hampshire. Had 2 of my close childhood friends come up to visit for the weekend showed them around and showed them a good time. They both knew about my sobreity and didn't force me to drink or smoke with them at all. We all has fun even though I wasn't drinking or smoking with them. It felt good to have fun without having to drink or smoke. They both told me they respected what I was doing and told me I'm better off this way, I agreed. Now that summer is coming to a close and the tourist season is over and the crazy 45+ hour work weeks are going to go back to 40 hour work weeks. I can start to think about what to do in the future career wise and start pursing a new chapter in my life yet to come. Not rushing into anything want to make the right choices before I decide on a big choice! Hope everyone had a nice relaxing summer. Take it easy guys hope all is well
Old 09-09-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

amazing 160 days is massive well done !!!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go Brad. You passed the weekend test with yer buds. You still have work to do. Don't let this make you over confident.

Congrats on your 160 days. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic Brad-thanks for sharing that it is possible to survive social events without booze! And it sounds like it was even better for you without alcohol. Way to go!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great stuff Brad!!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Events are truly so much more fun sober. Great work on 160 days .
Old 09-09-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome! Thanks for the inspriation.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So glad that you had fun with them and happy that they had fun with you not drinking. I'm really glad that they also supported you and didn't want to push you into anything. Sometimes people don't understand why we decide to quit drinking and they try to push... Thanks for posting gives me strength.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Still have a long way to go till I get to one year but I'm 20 days away from the half way point of 180 days. It feels good to wake up every morining with a clear head and clear mind. Knowing that the day is mine and I'm going to do the best I can to make it not just enjoyable for me but for others or any encounters on the way. After the days pass in sobriety you start to realize more and more how short life is. When your smoking pot or drinking or doing the drug of your choice the time elapses and you don't even realize how long you've been stuck in the whirlwind till something drastic happens or you start to realize what your doing isn't for you anymore. I don't have all the answers to soberity. The one question I ask myself when the temptations arise is it really worth it to waste 160 of something so precious and pure for one sip or one drink or one puff.